Welcome to Woody Boater, a special place to celebrate boats that give back to your soul.
Woody Boater is a state of mind, a place to enjoy woody boating when you are not out on your boat, or if you just want to enjoy the world that surrounds these fun classic water craft. Being a part of Woody Boater is a way for folks to keep up with the community and all that is going on. Finding and saving lost boats, lost stories on lost waterways is our passion. The art, boat shows, destinations, people, and your conversation are the fuel that drives us. There are on any given day about 10 of us roaming around our parts of the world looking for your stories and boats. In fact just by reading this, you are now officially deputized and are now a Woody Boater. Please send us your lost story,… Don’t worry about spelling by the way. There is even an official Woody Boater Dictionary you can read it below this story.
If you want a more intimate conversation:
First, you can contact us best by email. 24/7
We also go to most Antique & Classic Boat Shows. We are the ones in the sexy skipper hats.
Our mailing address if you want to send very large checks..
Woody Boater HQ
106 West Jefferson St.
Falls Church VA, 22046
We also have satellite offices and reporters through out North America and the world. We are a 24/7 – 365 around the globe organization.
Reedville Virginia – Satellite HQ
Hessel Michigan – Alex Watson Reporter/Photographer
Minnesota – Dane Anderson Photographer/ Reporter
Kentucky – Reporter, Kentucky Wonder
Lake George – Kent O. Smith Jr. Reporter/Photographer
Florida – Christopher Wise Reporter/Photographer
Michigan – Dennis Mykols Reporter
San Fransisco – Scott Sawyer – Technology/Production
Lake Hopatcong New Jersey – Bob Kays – Reporter/ Photographer
Chicago – Chad Durran Reporter/ Photographer
Oklahoma – Don Ayers Photography & Video
Lake Tahoe California – Hamster Reporter/ Spy Cam
Around the world
Woody Boater Canada – Texx / Calgary Canada – Reporter
Southern Ontario – Reporter/Photographer, Cobourg Kid
Woody Boater Berlin Bureau – Berlin Germany / Europe
Woody Down Under Boater -New Zealand – Phil from New Zealand Reporter
You can also share the joy with us on Facebook… Come on.. the rest of the world is there..
We are on Twitter. Here is the link.
We are also on Istagram Here is the link. Join us. Get behind the scenes pictures on your phone
Press on “The Woody Boater Life”
Are you considering a story on the wonderful world of Classic Boating? We have boats, owners and destinations, all at our varnished finger tips for you to interview or photograph. We are 100% focused on promoting the wonderful life we all live with our Woody Boats. Here is a wonderful segment on CBS Sunday Morning as an example. Just contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
VANITY FAIR – Featured as a “Cult Favorite” By Punch Hutton in Vanity Fair. Photo and info by Woody Boater. SYLVIA our beloved 1941 Chris Craft Barrel Back,
Advertising on Woody Boater?
Being a sponsor of Woody Boater is not as simple as an economic exchange. We make sure that all the sponsors are reputable companies that do business in an ethical way. Since this is a free website to use, ethics and standards are all we have. Our sponsors are all clients of ours as well business we use and trust.
Your company MUST be in good standing in the community. If you see a sponsor here, they are a good company to do business with. We passionately support our sponsors and ask that our readers do the same. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please email me for costs. Matt@WoodyBoater.com Below are our latest stats as of March 2016 according to our Server and Google. The server reads ALL traffic and Google weeds out stuff.. The rule of thumb is to reduce the server and increase Google.. You can do the math, it makes my head hurt..
70,000 unique visitors a month
250,000 visits a month
1,6,00,000 page views a month
Google Analytics – Per Month
35,000 unique visitors a month
95,000 visits a month
190,000 – 137,000 page views a month
16,000+ likes making us #1 in the niche of classic boats.
Who is reading Woody Boater? 75% men, 25% women – age range 30-70 Income $100K + a year. We are the number 1 place to reach the younger market in the classic boat hobby in the world.
Each year has seen a 25% growth
Instagram – A fun behind the scenes world of Woody Boater. You can Follow Us HERE
What makes Woody Boater your best marketing value? We are daily, frequency is key to your marketing strategy, we link to your business and the community supports your business. Your support funds us to be able to do this. Like PBS we are 100% supported by you our sponsors to create an open independent source of information for the culture of classic boating. Thanks, email us for specifics on your business or club and how we can support each other.
DISCLOSURE About how we make money. Or at least break even. In some cases we will get products for free to talk about. It’s up to us if we like it or not. So we try and tell the real truth since that’s why you are here. Our sponsors, Ads, pay for the ad placement, but we also only allow companies we do actual business with on the site. When we travel to shows, there is usually some sort of help in regards to Press passes, a tent, or other things that help make the trip more affordable. We like to support though awareness our sponsors. They deserve it, and it helps promote the positive energy of the culture. We strongly believe in being 100% transparent.
About Copyright! ® And Rules Regarding Image And Copy Use! PLEASE READ!
Woody Boater ® is a Registered Trademark. And belongs to Woody Boater LLC. As are all products we create and images we shoot. If you see it here, it’s been shot by us, or others that have granted permission to us exclusively. And is Copyright protected to the fullest level. Downloading an image or use of our name for commercial use other than your personal use is strictly forbidden. Unless we have agreed to that. INSTRAGRAM AND FACEBOOK USE. NO! There is a new group of folks that harvest images from sites, mostly here, and use them to build a Facebook or Instagram account. It’s against our policy and theirs. We recommend you understand and read all the rules on their sites. Its VERY CLEAR. Sorry to be so harsh, but our images are now being used for other things than what we intended them for like Porn sites and blueprints of boats and other products on eBay and other places. That is forbidden. Period. The two images below are the biggest issues because they show up in Google search so much. Please ask us. All IMAGES AND CONTENT like the terms Woodyboaterville, and Lake Cyberspace ARE REGISTERED WITH COPYRIGHT.GOV as copyrighted content. PLEASE! We are dead serious about this and have to protect this.
BY SENDING US IMAGES, you are allowing us to use the images for Woody Boater related stories, on Instagram and Facebook. We will always credit your images and they will not be sold.
How you can help keep Woody Boater subscription free. It’s simple. part of our funding comes from our sponsors, and also from you. Each reader that gets something from Woody Boater. All you have to do is click this button and donate. the money goes for trips and keeping the lights on. Thanks for your generous support.
Dictionary For yous that think we do bad spelling..
We get complaints daily regarding spelling and the destruction of the English language.. We don’t disagree, but we don’t speak, English here.. It’s our own language.. So, Woody Boater felt it necessary to publish a new dictionary of Woody Boaterese. The official language of WoodyBoaterville. A small community located on a bluff over looking Lake Cyberspace. You thought it was all typos didn’t you.. OH no.. We are proud of our heritage and 6th grade c average in English. So here is a short run down of the top 20 terms you will see on Woody Boater on a regular basis.
1. There, and thier mean the same thing. also their..
2. i before e is for 7th graders. they get mixed up all the time here. Dont take it personaly.
3. Ok means OK. To and Too.. and of and off all mean the same thing. Ok!
4. the generous use of …… is because I am thinking….. see…. adds to it..
5. Big words get googled, so it’s what ever google says the word is.
6. off, of also are the same word and mean the same thing
7. The Woody Boatress is the queen of the realm.
8. Where, wear, were, all mean the same thing . You have to put it in context.
9. Varnish is better than crack or meth in Woodyboaterville.
10. Crocs are better than deck shoes and are very sexy on old babes. But you will die wearing, whereing them.
11. Ink-clot babes are a term referencing old BW shots of 90 year old babes from catalogs.
12. Lickable babes refers to decals of babes from the 50′s
13. Your , youre and you’re all mean the same thing
14. Woohoo, is a term i have used for years. Made more popular by Homer Simpson. But not just his.. It can be read as excitement or sarcastically.
15. Proof reading is for english teachers. If I wrote it, thats good enough for me. that’s?
16 the use of punctuation is purely arbitrary.. and I had to look up arbitrary..
17. When I say I want to go out in the barn and make sweet love to my boat.. I actually mean it.. You would.. wood… be amazed what you can do with that grease that you are supposed to put on your water pump.
18. Middle aged women are smok’n hot in Woody Boaterville. Middle aged men are still 20 and have 30 inch waist lines, and our farts don’t smell
19. Every boat I see, I want. It’s that simple. If I could have a barn full of boats i would… Wait, I do.. Like that show, Boat Horders.. No I need that old pile of worm infested hull boards.. Someday they might be usefull.. …
NEW! Butchered Names!
There are many names out there and in here that for the life of me I screw up. I know the folks, But for whatever reason, misspell. So, For those of you trying to figure out who these folks are, Here is a short list. Check back for frequent updates.
1. Bruce Bildsten – can be spelled, Bildstin, Bilstin, Bilsten.
2. Jim Frachette – Other spellings. Freshete, Freshette, Frachette
3. Mike Watson and Alex Watson are not related.
4. M-fine is Matt Fine, Not Matt Byrne, Burn, Birn, nor me Matt just Matt. If you are another Matt, like Matt Berlough, Berlaw..from the Antique Boat Center it gets even more confusing.
5. Peter Stephens, Other spellings Stevens.
6. Shaun, Shawn, Sean… Really, cant there their be a universal spelling of Shaun, Sean, Shawn!
7. Renee Katzs. Not Rene, Renay, Rennay.. I think.. Or is it one e?
8. Marty Fileto. Filletto, Filetto.. I think one of these is right.
9. Lou Raugh, or Raw, Rogh, Lue, Lu, Lew?
10. Mike Mayor, Mayer, from Lake Oswego?
11. John Baas, two a’s not Bass, which is a fish and has a large mouth, John Baas is not a fish, but we from time to time spell it that way.
12. You! If you are having your name slaughterd by my weakness in editorial standards, please let us know and we will add you here.
There are ways to write this like a fancy pants lawyer I am sure.. But I ain’t one.. So… Here it is in our own un fancy pants way…
We HATE SPAM emails.. I don’t like them when I get them and I hate the idea of being a part of that crap world. So if you send me an email.. IT stays with me. If you have to use your email address to sign in to yell at someone.. The email and your identity stays here. You want to post anonymously.. Have at it. I encourage it, it helps the hobby be more balanced.. Woody Boater is the only place in the hobby where you can speak your mind about any issue related to classic boats. So.. we will not use any information that we get for any purpose. Period. If I could disable that I would.
What we will reject your comment over. Personal attacks. If it smacks of being personal , or offensive.. If the images you are uploaded could been seen as offensive, or copyright protected.
Thanks for looking this over. Matt, Texx, and the Woody Boater crew.