This sad note is from fellow Woody Boater Bob Kays – Craig Bradley passed away on Saturday. He was a long time Woody Boater and will be deeply missed by his friends in the Antique Boat Club as well as the entire Lake community. As I write this today, Nov 7, it is a beautiful warm November day. Just the kind of day I would expect to see Craig out for a ride in his pride and joy “Redwing” a 1949 25’ Chris Craft Sportsman. Most years Craig’s “Redwing” would be the first in and last out, with Craig sharing rides with his many friends and his favorite crew, his wife Marge. In recent years, no Sunday morning would be complete with Craig using Redwing to monitor the Sunday sailboat races. Craig purchased “Redwing” in 1975 from Wayne Mocksfield and the boat is a regular at our annual boat show. Craig and Marge rarely missed a club event. Craig knew what it meant to be a woody boater, he used his boat, shared it with friends and family and found joy in every ride. I thought of him today on my ride, wishing I could see him power by. He will be missed by the members of the Lake Hopatcong Antique Boat Club.
Come by and say hi!
4 Responses to “Very Very Sad News From Lake Hopatcong”
- Engines & PowertrainHEI conversion (3 replies) - jim g […]
- Constellation Enthusiast GroupJust starting out (1 replies) - Doug P […]
- FinishingSpiral Nails for window trim?q (1 replies) - Doug P […]
- Electrical SystemsMore horn questions (5 replies) - JimF […]
- Using Boat BuzzSuggestions for Boat Restorers (7 replies) - ColoradoDivita […]
- Hull ConstructionRiviera Shrunken Deck Planks (15 replies) - jfrprops […]
- Odds & EndsGot re-hitched on our boat! (7 replies) - RRGadow […]
- Engines & PowertrainWater Pump uh oh... (4 replies) - jnbailey71 […]
- FinishingJet Speed Varnish (3 replies) - RRGadow […]
- Shows, Museums, & Event LocationsChris-Craft Gathering (10 replies) - RRGadow […]