I think she is actually sleeping here. The light was perfect!

I think she is actually sleeping here. The light was perfect!

On Friday last week, Texx and I went out on a special photo shoot for Nautique Optix all wood sunglasses. Very cool sunglasses made from exotic woods. More on that later. Today is all about our models, Karen Harrison and Matt Byrne, and of Course Miss Lisa.  One of the magical things that can happen on film and only on film is the truth of ones soul shines.  I have seen this a thousand times. A camera see’s the truth for sure. Karen and Matt are some of the most generous and fun folks in the hobby. We arrived at Paul and Karen’s house at 7AM. Matt was ready to go, Miss Lisa was all cleaned up. Karen had been told at 6 AM that she was going on a morning cruise and … oh by the way, being a model for some sunglasses. Needless to say, she literally rolled out of bed and walked out on the dock. The second she hopped into the boat the camera found her. Both Matt and her lit up the lens. And magic started to happen. Here is a fun tease to what will be an entire marketing campaign for Nautique Optix wood sunglasses. you can shop for a pair on there website.

Karen and Matt as the sun rises

Karen and Matt as the sun rises

Miss lisa even lit up the screen

Miss lisa even lit up the screen

Karen6

Karen and Matt had fun .. I hope

Karen4

As the sun came up the shoot was almost finished.

As the sun came up the shoot was almost finished.

Stay tuned for the rest of the shoot. Different boat, different day. Here is a tease. All photos are by Texx and Woody.
Sunglass5low

36 Responses to “Woody Boaters Become Stars For Nautique Optix Woody Sunglasses.”

Now I even have to refresh the varnish on my sunglasses? How many coats? CEPES first? Can I just fiberglass them over if there’s no rot and I only do one side so it can breath? Will there be cheaper ones made of plywood with a Broadwater tag that only last like 3 seasons? Oh heck, I going back to bed.

2. Chad

Love the header.

“Umm, Matt, could you lay on the floor, so we can get a shot of Karen only?”

3. Al Benton

Well first, coffee is much better with a dose of WoodyBoater in the morning…

Karen & Matt, the sunglasses look amazing on those early morning faces. Good that we can’t see the “morning after the party” eyes. Karen, cute toes!

4. Alex

Possible caption for this photo:

“I don’t care if it’s 7:00 am. We left the beer on the dock?”

• Texx

Getting in just the right position to capture this shot was exciting, in motion shooting down at the subject.

We all had fun on that warm morning on Lake Dora and had a great crew for the shoot including Dane & Melanie (from Nautique Optix) with our patient & qualified shoot boat driver Mike Mayer at the controls.

5. WoodyGal

Perfect light, perfect boat, and perfect models! Oh and the coach & photographer weren’t too shabby either! Beautiful!

• Bill

neat boat can you order one without the keel not enough water here in lake huron to float the keel model i have never seen it this low boating is going to take a hit this year in a lot of these small marinas that arent able to secure dreging funds hows your area doing im in port sanilac dosent look good around here dont know if ill be launching anything or not the pavement in the launches dosent go out far enough for a float on trailer. thanks chicago canal take our water and give us asian carp in return

6. Matt B

Is anyone else getting tired of seeing pictures of this boat?

I’m not :-)

Kudos and thanks to Matt and Texx, it’s amazing how much work these guys put into this hobby. They were going nonstop all last weekend. One photo shoot after another and in between manning the WoodyBoater tent promoting the hobby to anyone that would listen. Hopefully they had a little time to enjoy themselves. Keep up the good work guys.

Karen and I had a ball doing the photo shoot and the pictures are amazing……

• Dennis Mykols

Talk about Matt “going above and beyon the call of duty”, i went down to the docks on Tuesday nite to cover the Lyman, and found my floor boards floating! The front bildge puum quit working!!! i ran to Wamart to get a new pump and called Matt, who i just bumped into at dinner, and asked if he knew of anyone who had toolos to rewire a new bildge pump.
      Before i got back to the boat, Matt was there working on getting the old pump out! On the dock was the biggest tool box I have seen, with all kind of electriacl stuff!
      Matt saved my ass and showed me that the “Brotherhood of the Bildge” was more than just a saying on a t-shirt!!!
      And here is the picture to prove it!

• Rick

He was working on my engine in Algonac. He’s definitely a “All hands on deck” guy.

• matt

For the record, in both cases I fixed nothing. Just a stall tactic until an adult showed up!

• Dennis Mykols

Texx, I can not believe we did not have a chance to sit and talk, the week went by so fast. I wanted to thank you for the photo shoot, and look forward to seeing you in Gravenhurst.
      For those of you that have not had the privalige of being in a photo shoot with Matt and Texx, let me tell you, they jump around that boat like rabbits to get that “right angle” and breath talking shots. It is a wonder thay are not all black and blue from being tossed around. (like Ronnie)
      Here’s to two prfessionals that know what it takes to make us boat owners look good.

7. Carl Garmhaus

Wow! Texx has all the fun. “Will it be Rhinestone shades or Wood Sunglasses?”

8. Texx

Thanks Dennis, just last night Matt & I were talking about the fact that we didn’t get an opportunity to spend more time with you and so many other fellow Woody Boaters last weekend. The time just seems to go by so fast at the boat shows. But thanks for your support.

Gravenhurst is shaping up to be a very special event in July and I know “Lyman Time” will get a full workout that weekend.

Texx

9. Alex

bill we have no water in hessel either not sure what the cause is probably some sort of perfect storm of natural and man made causes im sure it will shock folks when they get to their cottages this spring hope it does not harm the boat service companies and marinas by restricting commissioning and decommissioning and all in between its enough to make me want to buy different boats that arent inboards classic outboards or ios would be the ticket its tough to cram a family in a small outboard especially as we have major waves on huron i do not have any classic ios so i could be in the market for such a boat though my wife would probably kill me hey this no punctuation stuff is quite liberating actually. damn how did that period get in there all in good fun i hope you take no offense its the start of spring break and my kids are driving me totally nuts so im doing everything i can to try to distract myself no matter how petty or frivolous later

• Bill

hey alex how bout one of those 20 something foot indian war canoes the wife and kids each get a paddle and you get a rudder dont need mc numbers, license or fuel

10. Don Vogt

Paul, Karen makes a great model. Maybe you can put her to work and quit your day job!

11. MikeM

Great story and great glasses and great fun on the shoot. I had just gotten up, ran into Paul at the coffee pot and he asked me if I was coming down to the dock. I hadn’t planned on it but saw activity. So, with a t-shirt, no shoes and a warm cup of coffee I headed down. That’s when I learned I had a role in the whole thing. I think Karen had about the same notice. We almost lost Texx once but he obviously survived. The best part for me was the look on the “sunglasses folks” faces during the process. They were amazed at what was going on…..Here’s one of my favorite shots……

12. Texx

A fun time for everyone – and a great team effort! Thanks to all involved.

Texx

13. Troy

GREAT photos!
    Does anyone know if these glasses float. Did not find that question under the FAQ’s.
    Think it may have to be the Cruiser – Mahogany for me.

• Troy

Thanks Matt!
      Got an email from Dane who also confirmed that they float.
      I will definatelly own a pair.
      May buy a pair for Sandi (my wife) since she has several in Davy Jones locker.
      I have a great pair of CB’s I bought in ’89. Glaicier glasses with leather side shields that work great on the 50+ MPH Formula, but I think the Connie needs something different.

14. jerry byrne

some of the greatest photograpy I have ever seen. the boat and glasses looked terrific, as did the two models.i couldn’t help but notice a faint resemblance too the guy piloting the boat as someone I am pretty close to.