MassacureChainsaw deaths are never easy to watch. Today is no different. Watch at your own risk. If you are under 18, please ask your parents for permission. Crank it up! for the full effect.

Is it just me? I swear I felt pain when watching this. I understand the reason. Twin 427’s big lumpy cruiser that no one will fix. But.. Watching that saw rip though the hull is more to me than just wood. I suppose this happens all the time.

29 Responses to “Warning – Disturbing Video Of Chain Saw Death!”
  1. Troy

Being a cruiser fan that is hard to watch.
    I have been told that I may need to take my WBR’s out of my Connie. I can assure you I will not use that method.

2. Randy Rush Captain Grumpy

That boat looked pretty good! But Im sure they had their reasons, most likly financial.. Guess Ill go out and start sanding mu tiny 23′ express cruiser today.

3. Al Benton

There’s are fewer old cruiser lovers to keep these beautiful old gals afloat. Very hard to watch one being chopped up with a chain saw. Got to admit, he surgical removal of vital organs was done with cautious respect.

This one didn’t go well with my morning coffee. It was extremely bitter this morning.

I like the priming method, pour fuel in on and around the carb. Then stand over it as you start without the flame arrestor in place.

Looked like a decent paint job and the engines are in decent shape but there is no statement about the wood under that nice paint. Maybe I can shoehorn one of those engines in my 17′ to give the old girl a little spunk. Hard video to start the day with. I should have added some Jack to my coffee 1st.

6. Jack Schneiberg

I almost…….almost clicked the “go” button on the video – but then, knowing full well what I was about to see, I decided why spoil the day?

• Salter (1st time caller, longtime reader))

“I feel bad for that guy.”

Why, I asked?

“Because it looks like he’s throwing up.”

7. Sean

Surgical precision with that chainsaw.

I thought they were just improving access to this classic for patrons of the new Michigan Chris Craft Cruiser museum…. in buddy`s backyard.

8. floyd r turbo

Probably to distingquish them from the rest of the motor so you wouldn’t step on them and bend them up.

My Bosch jig saw does a more precise job than even a sawzall. Very sad to see. What’s a 427 Ford side oiler worth on the used market? Probably shouldn’t say or they’ll be cutting them out at marinas like thieves are ripping off A/C compressors for the copper scrap value.

• Texx

I would say if those Ford 427 FE motors were not locked up / frozen (which these were not) and in complete / reasonable condition, they would be worth around 3K to 4K each.

Reverse rotation Ford 427’s are fairly hard to find.

9. M&M

Did they buy the boat for storage fees? Trash the boat and sell the engines for big $$$$. M&M

10. Cobourg-Kid

Same thing happened to Ditchburn long deck launches back in the 60s and 70s. I remember a neighbor of mine who was needled for saving a Ditchburn .. Send it to the burn pile they all said. Well he got the last laugh, sold it in the late 1980s for a big profit.

11. Franchini

Guessing at 3k-4k for a true side oil 427 is like saying that a turn key barrel back is worth $10,000. The Cobra replica and “continuation” guys will pay upwards of $20,000 just to have one to rebuild! Regardless of how much they are worth, it is still painful watching a boat cut up to source them.

12. floyd r turbo

If they only had done what Wib Archer did, the previous owner to John Unsworth’s Wa-Chee We, the 1923 Ditchburn, the restoration of which was covered here months ago, we’d have a lot more “stock” to choose from. Wib purposely sunk his “Ditch” knowing it needed restoration but didn’t want to see it burned. The cold Muskoka water preserved it well and they didn’t have to invest in a fortune of blue tarps that last, what 3 months, but they can’t make them out of the same thing plastic water bottles are made of that never degrade????? but I digress.

the only positive I take from the whole sad thread is:
    Floyd is right on about a bosch jig saw…awsome improvement over old school ones.

14. William Hammond

I don’t care what their reason was! As a person in year 3 of the restoration of a 1960 36′ CC Connie it makes me sick!! I watched this vid months ago on You Tube and I think I restrained myself from commenting. If I had been there in person I’d have been sorely tempted to try and buy it outright from them but fortunately for my marital life I wasn’t there.

If it wasn’t for lunatics like myself there’d be no cruisers left at all. Hope to never see that again in my lifetime!