Plaid Rocket Seat Cushion

To start things out, we all know how this may go down….. the dark rabbit hole of obscure references, Troy will no doubt post a girl in a Tartan and we are all back to normal after the last gasping of 2017. But what the heck, gotta kiss alotta frogs to find your Prince. Now, the plaid Rocket is getting close and will be in Florida for the Lake Dora show. Remember, we are looking forward beyond Winter now. We are on Florida time. 114ish Days! Anyway, back to plaid and Rockets. Couple things to consider in the naming.

1. It’s a Chris Craft Rocket

2. Its the oldest known Rocket out there. #004 or something like that

Will have White seams

3. It has a yellow Bottom and Green bilge

4. Its 17 feet and fast

5. Oh, almost forgot. HAS A PLAID INTERIOR!

Green Bilge

There it is

That’s it. Alan Johnson will be at Katzs Marina this week to slap your name on the back of this plaid sucker. Will it be your name?

Okay lets get this started, just spit balling here, running some names up the flagpole.

Miss Plaidy McPlaidy

Thayer XVIII

Scot Rocket

Scotect

Plaidulla

Tartan Time

McRocket

Anyway, you get the idea. Have fun, thats is what its all about.

Put your name right here!

85 Responses to “Plaid Rocket Update. She Needs A Name.”
  1. Tom McGowan

Beam Me Up

or, for those who would not get the point with just that much,

Beam Me Up Scotty

If we are going to play this game we might as well use Gwen Stefani.

I’m thinking “Scotty Rockets”!

“Well Plaid” = the best of the best so far…..
    “Plaid Lad” if she might be a he?

John in Va. Going McBoating…..

4. Tim Robinson

Flash or Flash Gordon. With old style rocket under the name same as used in the TV show.

5. MikeM

I like Checkered Past

MFine, with all the pent up emotion regarding this boat, is that the best you can do?

• m-fine

NO WAY! Bacon doesn’t just taste fantastic, it also smells great, makes an awesome sizzling sound and LOOKS GOOD too! I could certainly see naming a 20’Custom or another attractive boat BACON, but this hideous mess would be more aply names “Spoiled Haggis”

• m-fine

Yes! I can’t think about it for any amount of time or with any clarity. It is so ugly it makes my head hurt.

A few more for Mayer…

Butter Upholstery

Burnt Retinas

Designer’s Regret

If the transom is big enough to fit “My Dog Ate a Box of Crayons and then Deficated on My Seats” if not, simply Crayola.

Original Mistake

Bad Acid

The Boat That Makes an Arabian Look Good

Regret

Losta Bet

Born Ugly

7. Johnny V.

I’ll vote for “Checkered Past” too. Bring it to Keuka next year and take a ride past M-Fine’s place-I’ll hear the howls on the other side of the Bluff! (all in fun Matt!)

8. Don Palmer

I was going to say “Butt Ugly” (referring to the plaid), but let me be more biblical and go with “hinder parts ugly” ! Ouch

9. Dane

81 comments and no one used the photo Matt provided?
    No matter what it gets named, I’ll call it the M-Fine.

10. Matt

Good lord! What a fun day, Huge traffic spike and glad to see the community out for some fun. Of course we are going to play this out and make the big reveal once its lettered this week.

11. Jason

I love this string! I’ll maybe use the runner up name for D17-005 the next oldest rocket. The Spaceballs reference was the first to come to mind, however “Checkered Past” gets my vote.