Well, it’s about time. Here in Virginia it’s gonna be around 80 on Saturday. That usually means in the Northeast its around 70 and not sure of Michigan. Are you ready? I am not. But that’s why we own many boats. While one is being worked on, another is ready. And Sweet Pea the Trawler is already ready and been on a couple chilly cruises.
The good news is no one is getting wind burn on her. We may take Stinky out and drop the Boatress Center console in. WECATCHEM is about a week away from her 2018 run! Are you? Is there still a chance of a freak winter recap in a couple weeks? is it worth the risk?
Things to think about.
1. DRAIN PLUG IN!
2. New life jackets
3. Lines all attached?
5. Battery Charged?
6. New Grease in Water Pump cap?
7. Trailer tires full?
8. Waxed Chrome?
9. Oil changed and ready
10 Head Torqued?
11. New Spark plugs
12. Transmission all working?
13. The boat wont swell fast in cold water, so take your time.
14. Water shut off open?
15. Tools? They get used on “other ” projects over the winter.
16. Make sure all your wiring is sound. Mice like to chew on that stuff.
17. Insurance up to date. Cant mention that enough.
18. Boat lift working? Not a good time to find out when the boat is in the water soaking up.
19. Fuel leaks. Double double check. Stuff moves around
20. First run is with a trusted pal. Things get wonky. So protect the relationship between your boat and spouse. Trust is earned and easily lost with one break down.
Got any to add?