1. NEVER use a hose directly to engine. It forces water past the water pump seals into the engine. It takes 3 engine oil changes to remove it.
2. While trying to start a motor, they start easier when the throttle is not on full. IT was installed on the steering wheel upside down…argggg!!!
3. The seal in the fuel cup bowl is critical to getting fuel to the carb.
4. There is a top and bottom to motor mounts even though they will go on either way.
5. Torque the heads on these flatheads every month. Some of the head bolts were finger tight.
6. When replacing spark plug wires don’t trust anyone to do it..
7. Have great friends help that way its still fun.
8. The weeds or your bride don’t care about any of this, and they both need care as well.