As many of you have seen on the 6 o’clock news, and the 6:30, 7,8, 11…24 hr news. The Midwest is going through hell. It’s one thing to watch on the news and wince and turn the channel and try and watch a re-run of I love Lucy. But for many of our fellow Woody Boaters it’s all to real. The Chris Craft HQ is in Cedar Rapids. Updates on the Chris Craft Boat Buzz are amazing, and a very personal point of view on this flood. Countless other members of the woody boater family have been effected. Our prayers are going out to them. What is playing out for the Chris Craft Antique Boat club though is intense drama. The flood waters which are some 30 feet ABOVE flood stage are slowly creeping up towards the HQ building. The water was at 12th street yesterday 13th street by the afternoon, and the HQ is on 14th street. For some freak reason the power is still on in the HQ building. Keeping the sump pump going. The irony of a sump pump/bilge keeping the Chris Craft Club afloat has not gone unnoticed by us.. I suppose in the future, it will be a funny foot note on this tragedy. But not now. Its just pure survival. What has been the most amazing thing is that while this is going on. The Boat Buzz and other Chris Craft club business has not missed a beat. Bill Basler the head of the Chris craft Club sent out an email apologizing for the glitches in the system. For the record Bill. You and your co workers are amazing, and our hearts are all in Cedar Rapids…on 15th street ….
Comments are closed.
READ THE LATEST STUFF ON THE BOAT BUZZ
- Post-War Custom Hull ID NumbersOkay, things are still muddy about what my boat actually is. The consensus was that it may be home b […]
- 5200 paintDid some bottom seam filling with standard cure 5200. How long to wait until I can paint? Boat is ou […]
- Casting number for 1930 model 100 strutDoes anyone know the strut casting number for a 1930 model 100?Thanks.Statistics: Posted by Jim Godl […]
- Original paint colours for 1955 CapitanHello all. I've just purchased a 34-foot 1955 Capitan. Can anyone tell me what the original pai […]
- 6volt Horn RelayCould someone tell me if a Standard HR106 (3-pin) is the right horn relay to use with a 6 volt syste […]
- Sportsman folding top?Chris-Craft’s 1951 price schedule lists a “folding top with side curtains” as an option for the 17’ […]
- InteriorGENTLEMAN,BACK IN 1941 IT SAID TO USE OLIVE OIL TO KEEP SEATS SOFT. TODAY WHAT IS THE BEST FOR ORIGI […]
- Vinyl letteringGENTLEMEN,HOW DO YOU REMOVE VINYL LETTERING OFF THE TRANSOM OF A VARNISHED WOODEN BOAT WITHOUT MESSI […]