I just bought from the Chris Craft Antique Boat Club Look under “from the club” a perfect reproduction of the correct Pre War Burgee for my boat. Actually more like a continuation.. It’s stunning. It’s the real deal, 100% Cotton, much better than the stuff on eBay or Nylon stuff sold on the web.. In fact it’s so real that it will fade faster than a blond pop star. And for some reason I like it that way. In fact I am beginning to like dull copper exhaust pipes and expanding seams. It’s great to go through such things. They’re real, as real as the wood and leather that are decomposing on my boat as I write this. That’s what I like the most about Classic Boating. Perfection is in the imperfection. The big part of being a care taker of these boats is the time we spend with them. The rituals that tie one generation to the next. I can now have a conversation with an 80 year old and share in the same pain and joy of boating on a sunny day with the water spraying up on a nicely varnished deck.. Something that I cannot do with any other topic.. Me..”mmm my PDA isn’t sinking up with my laptop, it makes twittering hard”…Crickets… 80 year old, ” Use a hammer” see. But bring up seams and varnish, oil and water mixing, leather cracking and dang we got us a conversation here.. That to me is the treasure of this hobby, this passion. Because, truth be told, I like my pals the same way I like my burgee’s….faded.
Comments are closed.
READ THE LATEST STUFF ON THE BOAT BUZZ
- KLC Numerous IssuesHeya all!After 9 years, I've finally put my 51 Riviera in the water! I've had it in the wa […]
- Preserving deck woodHave '56 Continental. The deck has been subjected to the elements, varnish is peeling, but the […]
- Stain color opinion?Hello there, being an opinion question, I'm sure there will be a hundred different answers...bu […]
- Clearcoat finishWhat are the latest thoughts on clearcoat finish on wood? Clearcoat over varnish work well? Dry clim […]
- hull const for new build in dry, low humidity climateWhat is the best method for hull/deck/sides build for dry AZ climate?The West epoxy system on planks […]
- Dwell Angle for KLCHi all, I have been adjusting the dwell angle on my KLC trying to solve an bogging issue at high rpm […]
- Bad coil?Having just been towed back home for the second time this year was not how I wanted to start my vaca […]
- Oil pressure dropAt the end of last season after the most use in 3 years my KL oil pressure dropped from 30 to 10 lbs […]