I just bought from the Chris Craft Antique Boat Club Look under “from the club” a perfect reproduction of the correct Pre War Burgee for my boat. Actually more like a continuation.. It’s stunning. It’s the real deal, 100% Cotton, much better than the stuff on eBay or Nylon stuff sold on the web.. In fact it’s so real that it will fade faster than a blond pop star. And for some reason I like it that way. In fact I am beginning to like dull copper exhaust pipes and expanding seams. It’s great to go through such things. They’re real, as real as the wood and leather that are decomposing on my boat as I write this. That’s what I like the most about Classic Boating. Perfection is in the imperfection. The big part of being a care taker of these boats is the time we spend with them. The rituals that tie one generation to the next. I can now have a conversation with an 80 year old and share in the same pain and joy of boating on a sunny day with the water spraying up on a nicely varnished deck.. Something that I cannot do with any other topic.. Me..”mmm my PDA isn’t sinking up with my laptop, it makes twittering hard”…Crickets… 80 year old, ” Use a hammer” see. But bring up seams and varnish, oil and water mixing, leather cracking and dang we got us a conversation here.. That to me is the treasure of this hobby, this passion. Because, truth be told, I like my pals the same way I like my burgee’s….faded.
Comments are closed.
READ THE LATEST STUFF ON THE BOAT BUZZ
- Leaking Fuel PumpI started up my 1930 Model 100 yesterday and thought I smelled gas. I should mention that this a 350 […]
- KL idleI posted my question by mistake to "Fiberglass Engines". Take a look and see if you can he […]
- Chris craft 9” nameplate starSearching for 9” cc nameplate starStatistics: Posted by John Reihan — Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:02 pm — Rep […]
- 1xe Transmission issueHello, about 4 yrs ago I had my transmission rebuilt that included new clutch disks and bearings. Af […]
- Chris Craft nameplate 9" starI need the star for the nine inch script that goes on the dash of a Riviera. Anybody know where I co […]
- 327F with Paragon 1 to 1Hello my name is Toni Pellegrin I’m new to This and any forums. I just acquired a 327F with a parago […]
- almost done my '57 Chris Craft Cruiser restoration, and seek final engine adviceI am close to completing the restoration of my 1957 Chris Craft 28’ Sedan Cruiser with flybridge. It […]
- 1962 17' CC Skier Cover?Hi guys - new here and have been hunting around a bunch. I'm looking for an ideal generic cover […]