I just bought from the Chris Craft Antique Boat Club Look under “from the club” a perfect reproduction of the correct Pre War Burgee for my boat. Actually more like a continuation.. It’s stunning. It’s the real deal, 100% Cotton, much better than the stuff on eBay or Nylon stuff sold on the web.. In fact it’s so real that it will fade faster than a blond pop star. And for some reason I like it that way. In fact I am beginning to like dull copper exhaust pipes and expanding seams. It’s great to go through such things. They’re real, as real as the wood and leather that are decomposing on my boat as I write this. That’s what I like the most about Classic Boating. Perfection is in the imperfection. The big part of being a care taker of these boats is the time we spend with them. The rituals that tie one generation to the next. I can now have a conversation with an 80 year old and share in the same pain and joy of boating on a sunny day with the water spraying up on a nicely varnished deck.. Something that I cannot do with any other topic.. Me..”mmm my PDA isn’t sinking up with my laptop, it makes twittering hard”…Crickets… 80 year old, ” Use a hammer” see. But bring up seams and varnish, oil and water mixing, leather cracking and dang we got us a conversation here.. That to me is the treasure of this hobby, this passion. Because, truth be told, I like my pals the same way I like my burgee’s….faded.
Comments are closed.
READ THE LATEST STUFF ON THE BOAT BUZZ
- Marjorie Merriweather Post Mar A LagoHello,Does anybody have any photographs or information regarding the Chris Craft that was owned by M […]
- Marjorie Merriweather Post Mar A LagoDoes anyone have any information of photographs of the Chris Craft that used to be owned by Marjorie […]
- Danenberg ForumHi,Don posted on his site that he may be no longer supporting his forum and it would be going away.I […]
- Stencils for post war painted on CC logo?Hello all, we are new to the site, recovering Thompson boaters that just brought home our first Chri […]
- Spark plug wiresGENTLEMEN,I AM LOOKING FOR PERIOD CORRECT SPARK PLUG WIRES ALONG WITH THE BRASS THUMP NUTS THAT WERE […]
- Need pattern for 38 CC deluxe runabout windshieldThis forum has been a great help in finding all the missing links in my restoration. Now I need a pa […]
- Bottom Paint on an 18' SportsmanI am at my wits end trying to figure out how to raise to rear of the boat enough to finish a bottom […]
- 1950 U18 rub rail trimAnyone have a source for the stainless/chrome rub rail trim for an 18' Sportsman? Or at least a […]