I just bought from the Chris Craft Antique Boat Club Look under “from the club” a perfect reproduction of the correct Pre War Burgee for my boat. Actually more like a continuation.. It’s stunning. It’s the real deal, 100% Cotton, much better than the stuff on eBay or Nylon stuff sold on the web.. In fact it’s so real that it will fade faster than a blond pop star. And for some reason I like it that way. In fact I am beginning to like dull copper exhaust pipes and expanding seams. It’s great to go through such things. They’re real, as real as the wood and leather that are decomposing on my boat as I write this. That’s what I like the most about Classic Boating. Perfection is in the imperfection. The big part of being a care taker of these boats is the time we spend with them. The rituals that tie one generation to the next. I can now have a conversation with an 80 year old and share in the same pain and joy of boating on a sunny day with the water spraying up on a nicely varnished deck.. Something that I cannot do with any other topic.. Me..”mmm my PDA isn’t sinking up with my laptop, it makes twittering hard”…Crickets… 80 year old, ” Use a hammer” see. But bring up seams and varnish, oil and water mixing, leather cracking and dang we got us a conversation here.. That to me is the treasure of this hobby, this passion. Because, truth be told, I like my pals the same way I like my burgee’s….faded.
Comments are closed.
READ THE LATEST STUFF ON THE BOAT BUZZ
- Flipping 23 foot ContinentalToday we flipped the 1956 23 footer over , took less than an hour . Time for Laurie to pull bottom s […]
- Anybody Recognize This?Hi all. New to the forum. Picked up a barn find a year ago for basically nothing. 1951CC RR. Wife ge […]
- What are you working on during lock downs?Hi All , Just wanting to see how everyone is doing this winter and asking what you are working on th […]
- 1930 Gemmer Steering BoxShould I split this gearbox here and clean out the old lube so I can add the new lube? I'm not […]
- KFL exhaust manifold end cap wantedAny help would be greatly appreciatedStatistics: Posted by bertchr — Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:30 pm — Repl […]
- TRAILERLooking for a trailer for my "51 Chris Craft 18 Foot Riviera. Would prefer a two axial used uni […]
- Horn wiring - '59 Continental1959 Chris-Craft Continental; 18' - There is a wire that runs from the horn relay up to the hor […]
- Threaded drain plug...I’ve misplaced the threaded drain plug for our 33’ DE Cruiser. I thought it was a normal NPT 1/2” t( […]