I just bought from the Chris Craft Antique Boat Club Look under “from the club” a perfect reproduction of the correct Pre War Burgee for my boat. Actually more like a continuation.. It’s stunning. It’s the real deal, 100% Cotton, much better than the stuff on eBay or Nylon stuff sold on the web.. In fact it’s so real that it will fade faster than a blond pop star. And for some reason I like it that way. In fact I am beginning to like dull copper exhaust pipes and expanding seams. It’s great to go through such things. They’re real, as real as the wood and leather that are decomposing on my boat as I write this. That’s what I like the most about Classic Boating. Perfection is in the imperfection. The big part of being a care taker of these boats is the time we spend with them. The rituals that tie one generation to the next. I can now have a conversation with an 80 year old and share in the same pain and joy of boating on a sunny day with the water spraying up on a nicely varnished deck.. Something that I cannot do with any other topic.. Me..”mmm my PDA isn’t sinking up with my laptop, it makes twittering hard”…Crickets… 80 year old, ” Use a hammer” see. But bring up seams and varnish, oil and water mixing, leather cracking and dang we got us a conversation here.. That to me is the treasure of this hobby, this passion. Because, truth be told, I like my pals the same way I like my burgee’s….faded.
Comments are closed.
READ THE LATEST STUFF ON THE BOAT BUZZ
- 5200 paintDid some bottom seam filling with standard cure 5200. How long to wait until I can paint? Boat is ou […]
- Casting number for 1930 model 100 strutDoes anyone know the strut casting number for a 1930 model 100?Thanks.Statistics: Posted by Jim Godl […]
- Original paint colours for 1955 CapitanHello all. I've just purchased a 34-foot 1955 Capitan. Can anyone tell me what the original pai […]
- 6volt Horn RelayCould someone tell me if a Standard HR106 (3-pin) is the right horn relay to use with a 6 volt syste […]
- Sportsman folding top?Chris-Craft’s 1951 price schedule lists a “folding top with side curtains” as an option for the 17’ […]
- InteriorGENTLEMAN,BACK IN 1941 IT SAID TO USE OLIVE OIL TO KEEP SEATS SOFT. TODAY WHAT IS THE BEST FOR ORIGI […]
- Vinyl letteringGENTLEMEN,HOW DO YOU REMOVE VINYL LETTERING OFF THE TRANSOM OF A VARNISHED WOODEN BOAT WITHOUT MESSI […]
- Carter WCFB Base GasketsI had my Carter WCFB carburetor rebuilt but having a hard time finding the gaskets that went between […]