As you may have read last week, while trying to sell my Barrel Back, another popped up on eBay. I made fun of it, and tried to use it to sell mine. I was actually very happy to see it there. The two boats could not have been more different. One a “before”, the other an “after”. The other thing that I was happy about was finding Absolute Classics Marine. Since I am not on the west coast that much any more, and for sure not in British Columbia, I have little knowledge of the good restorers and brokerage dealers out there. But that is the magic of the web and using eBay as a marketing tool. After looking at there site, and speaking with fellow WoodyBoaters out there, Absolute Classics Marine became an even better find. The reviews could not have been more glowing. Very honest, and with an amazing amount of integrity. So if you are out there, stop by, take pictures, heck… buy a boat… Just not that Barrel Back… I hear there’s a great deal on a finished one!
Comments are closed.
READ THE LATEST STUFF ON THE BOAT BUZZ
- Post-War Custom Hull ID NumbersOkay, things are still muddy about what my boat actually is. The consensus was that it may be home b […]
- 5200 paintDid some bottom seam filling with standard cure 5200. How long to wait until I can paint? Boat is ou […]
- Casting number for 1930 model 100 strutDoes anyone know the strut casting number for a 1930 model 100?Thanks.Statistics: Posted by Jim Godl […]
- Original paint colours for 1955 CapitanHello all. I've just purchased a 34-foot 1955 Capitan. Can anyone tell me what the original pai […]
- 6volt Horn RelayCould someone tell me if a Standard HR106 (3-pin) is the right horn relay to use with a 6 volt syste […]
- Sportsman folding top?Chris-Craft’s 1951 price schedule lists a “folding top with side curtains” as an option for the 17’ […]
- InteriorGENTLEMAN,BACK IN 1941 IT SAID TO USE OLIVE OIL TO KEEP SEATS SOFT. TODAY WHAT IS THE BEST FOR ORIGI […]
- Vinyl letteringGENTLEMEN,HOW DO YOU REMOVE VINYL LETTERING OFF THE TRANSOM OF A VARNISHED WOODEN BOAT WITHOUT MESSI […]