It’s that time of year again, where we look back… wait.. no it’s not. It’s that time of year where the news plasters us with looking back stories so we look back.. So.. here at Woody Boater we get the idea.. So starting today we will go back in time.. for just year and reflect on what was outstanding for the year.. Today.. Stories.. Tomorrow, something else.. and if you have any ideas. PLEASE chime in.. I can’t recall yesterday…
So here goes.. Turn on your Wayne’s World way back machine.. These stories were judged on readership and comments..
10. My Instructions For My Funeral. This one got us some fun comments, but near the bottom my son commented.. This made the story.
9. Misery Week. This was a reader favorite..An entire week of horror stories.. In fact it started week long story themes.. What a great time we all had
8. Stuck In The USA. What A Bummer. This was a fun story from fellow Woody Boater Phil Andrew on his trip to the US.
7. World Record Sale Of The Riva This story was a game changer for the hobby. We were happy to report it live. Also a new game changer for Woody Boater
6. Barn Wood, The Barn Find. This story was a three parter and folks tuned in big time
5. Algonac! This entire week was an amazing week, A real eye opener and being involved in the statue dedication was a humbling experience..
4. Minnesota Museum Week.. Not sure what to call this one. But the entire Week that Texx could not leave Minnesota.. HA.. I loved it, The readers loved it.. Readers love anything Texx does..
3. Last Gasp Week. Another big Week.. The images were fantastic.. Huge readership that week.. Thanks to the community for contributing.. And Fellow Woody Boater Alex Watson for having the idea.
2. The Warner Auction. Jesus, this was a huge month long event. The entire world tuned in and Woody Boater was right there. Texx and I were reporting so fast that folks actually found out they had bought a boat from reading it here.. Mecum changed the hobby in one week.. Dang…
And now, the number One Story of the year.. It was a toss up between the Mecum Warner auction and this one.. But hands down, according to traffic and comments.. this one was the huge winner. The warner auction was a massive month long event. But this one in one day broke every record.. And caused ulcers across the country.. Ladies and germs…. drum roll please…
1. The Rumored Third Thayer IV The barn Find Of The Decade…. Oh god.. No comments please.. I am just now feeling calm.. I am in a good place.. mmmmmmmmm This story brought out the best and worst in the hobby. But the fact that we were able to take all of our readers through a fun barn find..
Thanks to all the readers and commentary.. the comments are a huge part of the reading experience. And make it a ton more fun to do. Also of note.. Texx…. All the top 5 stories had Texx involved.. When Texx writes a story, readership rises.. I suppose when you put in the time, fo
lks appreciate it.. I know I do..