Something funny happened yesterday while following the comment trail.. One, no one took a shot at me.. I thank all of you for that.. I was asked about what next? I don’t know? For the first time in years I have options. I am free to wallow in what to have.. And, I am all over the place. Imagine a guy looking for a boat in a sea of cool boats with ADD.. Oh look a pony.. a sea skiff, a cruiser, racer…. The list goes on..A U22? So.. I thought I would open it up. Texx, Paul and I have been having a ton of fun trying to find the next official Woody Boat boat.. Here is a list.. The order changes hourly depending on what is in front of me. Now.. wait.. some guide lines.. I live on sometimes bigish water. I use it every weekend, we like afternoon sunset cruises. Usualy with another couple.. PLEASE, keep you minds out of the gutters.. This sounds like a romance posting… Anyway. I digress.. The boat sits on a lift in a boat house that is 12 wide by 28 long.. So… And the money.. 10K give or take some money..
Here are the options..
1. Sea Skiff. 24-27 feet.. Ranger, Sea Hawk, .. They are tanks. some with no soak bottoms, good in big water. Why do all the Smiths have them?????mmmmm The downer. Boring.. Not snazzy, no real varnish.. depending on the year.. And a goofy bow.
2. Lyman! Cruisette, or sleeper. SOFT TOP! there a gillian of them on the market. Sexier than a Ski Skiff. VEry cool boats.. The price is right for sure.. Downers. I will never be able to sell it because there are a gillion of them out there. But maybe I wont want to?
3. U22.. BUT… Only Alex Watsons LUSH LIFE, or Tommy from Vintage marines pictured at the top.. Blond on Blonde.. Both have the extra seat and new power.. LOVE these.. 10K no way.. 20K.. maybe, 30K now your talkn but these two boats are in the 40K range.. The downer.. Too small? That could be a good thing.. I do love a nice U22
4. A Red and White.. Hands down the coolest on the cool factor. Slam dunk, ride well, look cool.. no issues here.. 10K forget it. 25K maybe.. I know how to paint… Downer.. Cant find any.. The one in Washington State is a mess, and the other one is so grosley over priced that I don’t even want to bother.. So we will sit like vulchers for the owners to wake up.
5. Hold on here. A pony.. Yup. Tollycraft cruisers.. Only from the 60’s.. Stop laughing.. Look into them. I am not kidding, if it wasnt for the shipping cost of 15K to ship a 30 footer here to VA I would do it. STOP LAUGHING!
6. Another Connie, small one.. Best boat i ever owned. But these cruisers can suck the life out of you faster than a … well.. Kids in collage, a wife that has good taste.. a wood boat habbit… Wait, I have all those things.. Whats one more..
7.Nothing.. Rely on donated boats and just limp along in donation fun.. Anyone got a cool boat ya want to donate to the Woody Boater Cause. You know it will at lest go to a good home, and you can watch it live on line. Like sending a horse to a stud farm.
8. Something odd and from outer space, this hobby/passion/lifestyle has a ton of options.. How boat a cool XK22 fiberglass deal.. those are bad ass..Something that is a nice one owner low hr time capsule.. Something that someone loved.. Century Corinado? LOVE THOSE.. Big fat Hemi.. A Cool Shepard.. WITH a new bottom, or at least a 5 gallon bucket..A cool Matthews martique.. Twin Hemis.. 40 gallons an hr.. Come on..
9. And old Navy boat, landing craft? It needs a story
10.. ANYTHING that has a great story attached to it. I am a sucker for a tale.. That U22 at McCall’s in Idaho, with a pink interior and a hemi.. DAM that a cool deal.. The Downer.. I am NOT restoring a boat..