With the addition of the new term Late Classics and the introduction of fiberglass and other materials into the official judged categories, should we be retiring the long term Antique & Classic which describe age, vs, the new term we are proposing for debate sake. “Collectable Boats” For the sake of argument. It’s shorter and is the relevant term to a different mind set of boat owners. Sure they can be described by age and category by Antique and Classic.. But for the newer generation of owners? Antique and Classic conjure up to a memory and something old that sits around to not be used.. Where as “Collectable” inspires a reason to own, restore and enjoy the boat.. Also it’s kinda a funny thought that people actually collect boats.. I know I know, to us its normal, but admit it. when you mention that you are into collecting boats, it definitely inspires a conversation.. And yes.. for all you smart allec’s, I had to Google “Applicable”.
Comments are closed.
READ THE LATEST STUFF ON THE BOAT BUZZ
- Swap KL Carb to downdraft carbHas anyone converted a KL motor from single updraft Zenith to a single downdraft carb? Thinking coul […]
- Bleaching Riviera center sectionAny recommendations on where to buy, brand, or type of bleach to be used on the mahogany centerboard […]
- 1956 21' Capri mysteryHi Boaters,Please help me identify why my C-C has double engine hatch doors instead of a single door […]
- Looking for restoration shops in WI areaHi all,Looking for recommendations on any shops that in/around the WI area. I need some topside work […]
- Side plank seam repairHello all,Been reading various posts on here. Trying to understand how best to repair/refinish these […]
- 1955 Chris Craft Capri fuelpumpI need a new fuel pump for a 1955 Chrysler Hemi. Any ideas where to find the correct one? I have a C […]
- Princess Stove restorationHas anyone here "restored" or updated their Princess stove? I have an opportunity to get o […]
- Driveline vibration, what’s normal?Been doing a bunch of work to the sportsman. One thing I’ve noticed especially when running it on th […]