With the addition of the new term Late Classics and the introduction of fiberglass and other materials into the official judged categories, should we be retiring the long term Antique & Classic which describe age, vs, the new term we are proposing for debate sake. “Collectable Boats” For the sake of argument. It’s shorter and is the relevant term to a different mind set of boat owners. Sure they can be described by age and category by Antique and Classic.. But for the newer generation of owners? Antique and Classic conjure up to a memory and something old that sits around to not be used.. Where as “Collectable” inspires a reason to own, restore and enjoy the boat.. Also it’s kinda a funny thought that people actually collect boats.. I know I know, to us its normal, but admit it. when you mention that you are into collecting boats, it definitely inspires a conversation.. And yes.. for all you smart allec’s, I had to Google “Applicable”.
Comments are closed.
READ THE LATEST STUFF ON THE BOAT BUZZ
- What are you working on during lock downs?Hi All , Just wanting to see how everyone is doing this winter and asking what you are working on th […]
- 1930 Gemmer Steering BoxShould I split this gearbox here and clean out the old lube so I can add the new lube? I'm not […]
- KFL exhaust manifold end cap wantedAny help would be greatly appreciatedStatistics: Posted by bertchr — Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:30 pm — Repl […]
- TRAILERLooking for a trailer for my "51 Chris Craft 18 Foot Riviera. Would prefer a two axial used uni […]
- Horn wiring - '59 Continental1959 Chris-Craft Continental; 18' - There is a wire that runs from the horn relay up to the hor […]
- Threaded drain plug...I’ve misplaced the threaded drain plug for our 33’ DE Cruiser. I thought it was a normal NPT 1/2” t( […]
- 1947 18 foot utility restoration threadIt's about a boat out of water, so figured this was the appropriate place I figured it would be […]
- Fairinmg the Deck FrameHi everyone - I'm in Australia and new to the forum. I've had to replace the entire front […]