With the addition of the new term Late Classics and the introduction of fiberglass and other materials into the official judged categories, should we be retiring the long term Antique & Classic which describe age, vs, the new term we are proposing for debate sake. “Collectable Boats” For the sake of argument. It’s shorter and is the relevant term to a different mind set of boat owners. Sure they can be described by age and category by Antique and Classic.. But for the newer generation of owners? Antique and Classic conjure up to a memory and something old that sits around to not be used.. Where as “Collectable” inspires a reason to own, restore and enjoy the boat.. Also it’s kinda a funny thought that people actually collect boats.. I know I know, to us its normal, but admit it. when you mention that you are into collecting boats, it definitely inspires a conversation.. And yes.. for all you smart allec’s, I had to Google “Applicable”.
Comments are closed.
READ THE LATEST STUFF ON THE BOAT BUZZ
- Marjorie Merriweather Post Mar A LagoHello,Does anybody have any photographs or information regarding the Chris Craft that was owned by M […]
- Marjorie Merriweather Post Mar A LagoDoes anyone have any information of photographs of the Chris Craft that used to be owned by Marjorie […]
- Danenberg ForumHi,Don posted on his site that he may be no longer supporting his forum and it would be going away.I […]
- Stencils for post war painted on CC logo?Hello all, we are new to the site, recovering Thompson boaters that just brought home our first Chri […]
- Spark plug wiresGENTLEMEN,I AM LOOKING FOR PERIOD CORRECT SPARK PLUG WIRES ALONG WITH THE BRASS THUMP NUTS THAT WERE […]
- Need pattern for 38 CC deluxe runabout windshieldThis forum has been a great help in finding all the missing links in my restoration. Now I need a pa […]
- Bottom Paint on an 18' SportsmanI am at my wits end trying to figure out how to raise to rear of the boat enough to finish a bottom […]
- 1950 U18 rub rail trimAnyone have a source for the stainless/chrome rub rail trim for an 18' Sportsman? Or at least a […]