From Woody Boater Headquarters – We are proud to announce we will be awarding a special “Best Prerestoic Boat” at shows we attend or by special request. Each glorious trophy them selves will be Prerestoric being harvested from old trophies. Seemed fitting. No two will be alike, unless we find two, nor perfect, just like your charming death trap! So now even you, with your great unvarnished collection of mahogany can win an award at any boat show you go to. But, Oh, it does come with some judging criteria. What? You think we just hand this crap out? You do have to kinda earn it, or actually, not earn it. The less you do to your “Future” project the better. The winner will be plastered all over Woody Boater like you won Best Of Show of course.
The Judging Rules.
1. It must float…for the show.
2. It must run. No really run, like we will want to go out on it.
3. It can have a new bottom and engine. Doesn’t have to, but can.
4. It must be right at that stage that you want to use it for juuuust a little longer until you have to restore it.
5. There has to be a good story behind it. Something special.
6. It can not be a bad recent restoration that you did yourself, unless you tried to make it look like it never was restored. OK that’s a brain loop.
7. It has to be at the show and you must have fun with it. Its all attitude, Dude or Dudette!
That’s it. Really its more about dragging a barn find to a show and plopping it in the water and praying. This very special limited award is designed to encourage folks to bring out the fun stuff and be part of the show. To encourage different looks and attitudes towards our Woody boats.
This is about fun, and what Woody Boater is all about. Right now we are planning on handing out the first one at Lake Dora. Just think, you have all winter to do nothing to your boat. All you have to do is pray that it doesn’t fall apart on the way there on that crap trailer you got to match it. Feel free to add to the judging rules today in the comment section.