Is it us, or has this winter zipped by? Ya we had some crappy snowzilla stuff, and its cold out. But dear lord, Lake Dora is only 47 Days away. You best be getting to your varnish job. And if you are making T shirts for example, You better get on it chop chop. Yikes. So as a public service to the planet, today we announce the official countdown to Lake Dora. Have you made hotel reservations? Are you double checking the ones you made at the Lake view Inn? A couple tips that we have learned over the years if it helps.
- The Best Western in Tavares is great, afordable and since a ton of all stay there, always a ride available.
- The best places to eat are in Mt Dora. Go by boat and make a fun night of it.
- Arrive as early as you can, Wednesday, Thursday. Heck arrive a week early and go see vintage boat races and cruise the St Johns.
- Bring a boat. This is an out on the water fun event.
- Leave Monday if you can. No spring break traffic and a lot calmer of a drive.
- Stop by the Antique Boat Center in Eustis. This place is an amazing location for classic boatness.
- Bring Shorts, and a sweat shirt and rain slicker.
- Leave your work and crap at home, this is about all of us being together, and it will be over so fast you will will wonder if time just speeds up when your having fun.
- The Auction is a fun event and sells out. The food at the show is good! Really. ” Chicken On A Stick” is an acquired taste despite all the promotions here.
- Bring Cash for the best flea market in the hobby. Only Clayton comes close. Bring lots of cash. Folks come with their A Game to the show. Oh, Drive to the show if you can, with a trailer hitch. I have filled our truck to the gills going home many times.
Are you ready? We’re not! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! If you want info on the show, and sign up NOW CLICK HERE.