Today we are headed to the “Trusty W” with a box of new parts from Van Ness engineering to try out what is the issue. By the way, Van Ness Engineering has parts, lots of parts, hard to find parts.
Our plan is to replace the condenser first since that seems to be what our readers think it is. Next Points, and then the fuel. The needle and then if that fails. Calling Dave, and that won’t fail. It never does, and if it isn’t railing like they say its supposed to be. Tomorrow we will be reporting live the results. So cast your vote in the comment section.
Here are the symptoms. Note, 6 Volt System. Everything is new, rebuilt and ran fantastic.
- Ran great
- Started missing, and spontaneously running well
- Eventually even at full throttle was running very poorly
- Stalled and wouldn’t start
- With coil wire out had good spark on ground.
- No Fuel in the air bowl
- Used starter fluid with no results
- Tried starting when cold, No Luck.
- Talked to it nicely and even bought flowers. Nuthin.
I have been waiting all week for this Woohooo. We are Trouble Shooting Boating!