What a weekend of cleaning and discovery, and another 5 gallon bucket of rodent turds. And I bet not one of you would have changed a thing about it. Our disease is universal.
The good news is she is cleaned up and lots of goodies are found. Like her hull number which had been glassed over in all the usual areas. We found out she is the 25th in the line of 167 made. Hull number 42025 which we think makes her a 1937 the first year.
We also discovered that she has a very rare Factory Aluminum Head. Not rare, more like a carpaccio rare. So much sweeter. Making this an H-A the predecessor to the K-A. WOW!. Is this the only one left out there still on the engine. These are well known to self destruct. But not here.
Her stern pole was buried in turds, But man oh man the bee hive globe is perfect.
Her bow flag pole though got gnawed on. We are leaving it that way.
The bilge is getting better, we removed the fuel tank and ordered a new one from Rayco. She does crank over and catches on a little starter fluid! Woohoo.