This weekend Jimmy and I got the new rebuilt carb from VanNess on Mighty Mouse along with a rebuilt water pump..again, and went Woody Boating in the little sucker. She did fantastic and still only takes on a little water, and the factory siphon really works, although, those things scare me and she will get a proper bilge bump.
She ran fantastic and hit about 2500 rpm. After a bit though started missing, which we conclude is the fact that we have yet to change her points or any other stuff, including timing. It was random, so defiantly feels electric.
Also since the weather was perfect for paint, her sides got a proper coat, or two of correct paint.
Her hull registration numbers had to be removed and so did the incorrect post war Chris-Craft logo, which has now been replaced. I have mixed feelings about painting her to be honest. Part of her charm is her Patina, but on her sides, it had to be done and does her bottom.
Its an ongoing dance to keep her looking old and not opening up a can of worms, even removing a stainless trim piece can cause issues. So we are masking stuff off.
That’s one small boat next to WECATCHEM