Hey it’s July 4th weekend. And yesterday we broke a record for low readership. Woohooo, that means you are out actually living your life! Yes, this may be a slight off topic conversation, but I have this strange “gut” feeling that for some odd reason, Pie seems to just be a classic wonderful food, that seems to match our wonderful Woody Boats. Now, I am not including fiberglassics here. Those are more burger, hot dog type boats. Also very yummy. But pie just seems to fit for us here.
Why? I have some theories.
1. It’s a very simple dish, but very complex to do right.
2. A great pie is worthy of effort and makes everyone smile when it arrives.
3. It’s a special treat, desert, or weekend joy.
4. There always seems to be some old pie place on some of our wonderful lakes and rivers that we like boating.
5. Pies are from a vintage era and evoke wonderful memories.
6. Like our Woody Boats, pies only reason to exists is for a smile!
7. Without a good bottom, a pie just isnt right.
8. Pies are best when you are with friends and family.
9. Dang, I cant think of two more reasons? Maybe its just the weekend and me being on a diet. Damit, now all I want is pie all day. Who writes this stuff? Oh wait.. Me. Dangit, again. I need a morning boat ride.
10. I told you I have no idea. Do you? Is it Ok to have pie for breakfast?