The other day, we here at WoodyBoater started getting emails asking for help logging into the Boat Buzz account. I suppose there is some confusion regarding the Boat Buzz. Its part of the Chris Craft Antique Boat Club, and we are partners with them. So all we could do is send people emails at the CCABC. But as time went on, we started getting comments and so on until we realized that its a bigger issue. So today, we have the official report from the CCABC as to how to fix it. Here ya go! HERE IS A TIP from Bob Kays. Print the page so you can follow along on a piece of paper. Paper, you remember that right?
Boat Buzz Upgrade.
We here at the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club have been “upgrading” our systems. Since we launched our new site back in March we have had our three sites (Chris-Craft.org, Boat Buzz, and Trading Dock) on two or three different servers. Even though things have seemed to be working well this makes for a lot of confusion directing different tasks from one place to another.
Trey, the programmer that developed our site, and Catalyst Chicago did a beautiful job building our new site, but were not interested in managing the site into the future. This brought us to the point of hiring a qualified IT specialist who could help us optimize our exposure and keep us on track. Enter “The Bacon Guy” (No not m-fine, the other bacon guy) Brian Basilico. Brian is the master mind behind the new ACBS site and came highly recommended by Dan Gyoerkoe. He owns a company called “B2b interactive marketing” and even wrote a book about BACON.
One of Brian’s first recommendations was to bring all of our sites to one server, but before we could do that we needed to do some serious upgrading of Boat Buzz. Even though Boat Buzz is on one of the most popular forum formats (phpbb) (that is fancy computer lingo that I have no idea what it means) it had not been updated for quite some time, so Brian and his team had to upgrade Boat Buzz one step at a time until it broke, fix it, and keep on upgrading some more.
Now Boat Buzz is on all upgraded and ready to go, but because of these upgrades we, the CCABC members, need to reset our Boat Buzz passwords. This is a simple process, but it is not an easy one. The following steps will guide you through the password reset procedure and you will be able to use Boat Buzz as you always have.
1) It is advised to clear your Cache and Cookies before trying to reset your password with Boat Buzz. This procedure may be different depending on what you are using for an internet browser, so I am not going to try to direct you on how to do that. (ask your kids or grandkids)
2) Go to Boat Buzz (http://www.chris-craft.org/discussion/) and click on LOGIN at the top of the page just above the steering wheel of the Cobra. This will bring you to the LOGIN page.
3) Do not try to LOGIN. Click on “I forgot my password.”
4) Fill in your Username and Email address associated with Boat Buzz. Click on “Submit.” This will send you an e-mail. If you don’t find a place to enter your Username and Email move on to step 5.
5) Go to your e-mail and look for your NEW password in an e-mail named “New password activation” from email@example.com.
6) BEFORE TRYING TO USE THE NEW PASSWORD, YOU MUST CLICK ON THE LINK IN THE E-MAIL TO ACTIVATE THE NEW PASSWORD!
7) Go to Boat Buzz again (http://www.chris-craft.org/discussion/) and click on LOGIN at the top of the page just above the steering wheel of the Cobra. This will bring you to the LOGIN page.
8) Enter your Username and the new Password that you received in your e-mail and click the Login box below the UN and PW boxes.
You are now Logged In to Boat Buzz. I doubt you will want to keep that password, so here are the steps to set your preferred password.
Once you are Logged In to Boat Buzz:
KEEP GOING! YOU CAN DO IT!
1a) Click on User Control Panel at the top of the page just above the steering wheel of the Cobra.
2a) Click on the Profile box under the words User Control Panel that is under the stern of the Cobra.
3a) Click on Edit account settings.
4a) Fill in your e-mail address. Enter the password that you want to use in the boxes marked New password and Confirm password. (This can be the same password that you used to use.) Enter the password you received in your email from us in the box marked Current password. Click on Submit.
You should now be able to use the password of your choosing.
Thanks for your continued support!
Troy in ANE