To the person that bid $41,300 for the Chris-craft K engine sold at the big Jim Street auction. Please, can someone explain this? There has to be a reason. Here are out top 10 reasons. But I am sure there is some sort of real reason.
- It’s a typo. Sold for $4,300
- Fake bidding to create hype
- Its made of gold – The K is for Karret?
- Jimmy Hoffa is ground up in the metal
- Two bidders got in a pissing match thinking they were bidding on a K car?
- It actually works.. OUCh, just kidding
- It will have sex with you. Yes you.
- Its the first K ever built?
- We have all lost our minds and this is what its really worth, its just that no one believes it?
- It cost that much to rebuild and this is the one guy on the planet that made is money back
Well there ya have it, our best guess as to why a normal K engine worth 500 bucks in rough shape, and $7K in perfect shape would sell for this amount. I mean who at 40K says, I know, I will throw another 300 on it? Any ideas?