The clock is ticking towards Clayton on August 3rd-5th at the Antique Boat Museum up in the Thousand Islands. I think Phil Andrews just left New Zealand so he can make it in time. Just kidding, but it’s a commitment of a flight for sure.
Both Phil and I will be there Fri and Saturday for sure. We certainly hope to see many fellow Woody Boaters there. Below are the top 10 reasons to go next week. And yes we know there are more. But that wouldn’t make a great headline?
1. The Museum, The museum, The museum is worth the trip alone.
2. The Thousand Islands is an iconic classic boat heaven.
3. Amazing rare boats at the show.
4. The Museum Warehouse is INSANE COOL!
5. Its a vacation spot from early on, so the true corny Woodyboater texture is there.
6. The Auction is fun and exciting to watch, or buy something
7. The best classic boat flea market of the year. Up there with Sunnyland. But older stuff.
8. Other Woody Boaters congregate there so you will see old and new friends
9. You will learn something you didn’t know. In my case, a lot of stuff. I always leave excited and impressed.
10 What the hell else are you doing? Mowing the lawn?