Symbolically this weekend marks the end of the summer. It’s the day we also celebrate all the working stiffs with a special end of summer weekend of weenies and beer. There is a sadness in the air, because we know Winter Is Coming.
But if you look at this weekend through positive lenses, and not those steel blue eyes of despair, you will realize that this is the best boating of the year. I will put them in bullet form so you can keep saying them to yourself as you get out there.
1. The weather is better – Less humidity, flat water.
2. Fewer pontoon boats with snotty kids and their Cheeto sticky fingers all over the place.
3. Less Jet ski’s with teenagers flying around
4. Port Huron is coming! The mother of all events this year!
5. Your boat is finally running right. It only took all summer to get her all dialed in.
6. The water is clearer
7. You still have a month or two of boating.
8. Slow Boat rides on crisp days
9. Mahogany and changing color leaves are like Bread and Butter. Perfect together.
And last but the top reason!
10. You know in your heart that every ride could be the last of the season, so all the senses are in full force, you appreciate every ripple, every glint, ever rumble. And that is what will carry you through until Lake Dora.