Just when the Blue waters are calm again, dumb WoodyBoater brings up the “topic” Judging. Now, let’s set the record straight here. I really do not give a crap. But you our readers do. Phone calls, emails, and all sorts of ranting. So do I just leave it be? HELL NO! As Paul Harrison likes to say. Blah,blah,blah, big words and something about making up drama to get clicks. YUP! Oddly Paul has the most direct POV on the topic. So. Here we go. You may want to go get some more coffee and take your Zoloft.
1. We all know the judges at this years Boat The Blue, we like them, trust them and I know from talking with some of them, they all know/knew the issues.
2. I can guarantee those out there, NO politics were considered according to the judges. Judging and politics? Really?
3. There was a very heated debate after the judging about the winners.
4. This year, according to many, the judging was better than previous years and too some worse.
5. The big guns in the culture are staying away from Judging. YUP! TRUE!
6. That Green Interior on the 1961 Best Of Show winner was considered and known. BUT.
7. If you want to be judged prepare to loose. Everyone thinks they nailed it.
8. Don’t like the judging, become one.
9. This tip from the judges. Be there and talk about your boat. Critical. Not politics, but have the facts documented. We all, ALL know that each boat came from the builder unique.
10. Professional restored boats VS Lenny your neighbor and you with a glue gun and dry wall screws.
I think that this just about covers the topics to consider in today’s comment section. Let it rip. We need the Blah, blah, big words clicks!