I am sure some of you are thinking, hey, I need a place to stay if I am gonna have some fun at Lake Dora this spring. We have been going for over a decade and here is the truth as to what we have found.
1. There is a hotel at the show. Its name changes as do the owners a lot. Its way over priced and not worth it. Several owners ago, they just forgot the reservation and left us hanging. Never so much as a returned email and incredibly bad service. I have been told its different now. But also have been told its expensive.
2. The 0ld large hotel in Mt Dora. Its old, kinda cool, we experienced an overworked bitter staff. The bathrooms are horrible and beds are old. That was a while ago. Never went back. And staying in Mt Dora solves nothing since you have to drive to the show anyway.
3. The old Best Western, now a Comfort Inn in Tavares is well priced, clean, and most of the long timers stay there. I suppose that tells you volumes.
4. The Mission Inn is very nice, the club has a special rate, and is great for family if they do not want to be part of everyday stuff.
5. There are other hotels in the area, but between the Mission Inn and The Comfort Inn, your best bets.
There are some amazing places to eat. I hate even letting you know, cause you will literally eat my lunch and dinner.
1. Coca Cabana – A MUST! Best mohetos on earth, genuine Cuban food and great service.
2. Geovanies. Italian in Mt Dora. VERY GOOD! Small, make reservations. VERY GOOD, the chef is world class. Simple Italian.
3. The palm Garden. LUNCH! GO by boat if you can. Dress code. HAHHAHAAHHAAH! please leave your weapons at the door.
4. On your boat there are some fun places on Lake harris and Eustis.
It’s Florida, Beer is gold, and so is the fried foods.
Dora Canal. Do it.
Lake Harris and Eustes, do it.
Lake Dora, up and down once your done.