Ohhhh ya!

WARNING, YOU MUST BE NO OLDER THAN 12 TO ENJOY THIS: We debate the cost of restoration vs resale all the time in our community. But, never! NEVER have we debated toilets! Yes, Pooty Pots. We are in the deep weeds now, so hold your nose, not sure what we will find. But here goes.

A thing of beauty

Here on ebay is a restored Wilcox-Crittenden Head-Mate Type 2 for over 500 bucks.  Not the  Wilcox-Crittenden Head-Mate Type 1 BTW, I am not sure if the #2 is a metaphor for anything?

It’s official

Now the first response to the $525 price is. WHAT THE SHIP? But think it over. What did it take to do this right? And if you have a cool cruiser. maybe its a good thing to take a classic crap. I mean you could go out on your cruiser, eat a vintage meal. Like a Monte Cristo Sandwich, or Patty Melt. And then wait and use the vintage Loo. Crank that crank and you have done a vintage time warp.

Open for inspection

I have one on Sweet Pea. Never use it cause its an old toilet. And thus inspires another question. is an old crapper, crap? Or better than a new crapper? Keep reading, I will try and weave in more of these. I’m getting there.

Love the brass and bronze

Should we go to our Woody Boater Lavatory and test that theory? Maybe I will ask John? Okay, okay.. Sorry. this is not the place for this sort of stuff. It’s a Privy matter.  Now if you will excuse me I need to drop my kids off at the pool.

We all gotta agree, thats one nice toilet.

YOU CAN READ MORE CRAP ABOUT THIS TOILET HERE ON EBAY

27 Responses to “Someone Restored The Crap Out Of This Toilet.”
  1. Bob Kays

If it had a mahogany toilet seat, restored of course, maybe
    Otherwise it’s a crap shoot.
    Check WB history to learn about toilet seats.

2. Bilge Rat

Woodyboater is just flush with comments today.

When going to use the head mention my name, you’ll get a good seat.

Install it, take out the valves and convert it to Vacuflush. Like taking a modern outboard and covering it with vintage cowling. My days of pumping and getting squirt in the face are long over. Do the judges ever deduct points for toilets?

4. Darthtrader

Funny how we frequently focus on fecal fantasy. We find humor in fundamental bodily functions, or in this case support equipment.

Wilcox Crittenden has been building neat boat stuff for over a CENTURY (100 years…not a leaky bottom boat).
    I have a takeout toilet like that if any cruiser guy wants one.

6. john

I’m having two Bumper Dumpers attached to the transom of boat boat this winter. The product does have a warning not to operate above idle. Exhaust notes provide for a discreet experience for you and your significant other – and much cheeper than the Wilcox-Crettin

Considering mounting upside down to use the lids as trim tabs.

7. Briant

Oh for shit’s sake. Over $500 for a toilet? Nothing like sending money down the drain….

8. alex

Why that thing looks quite modern. Here is a picture of my study. circa 1935 Blakes. something to polish when its too cold to be doing varnish

9. floyd r turbo

Its my duty to make a crack about this $hit storm, butt you’ve blown all credibility and reached rock bottom. Just remember, courtesy flush.

10. Dick Hansen

Ordinarily, you would have to lift the lid to say “nice job”, but in this case… well.

11. Mike VanMiddlesworth

Thanks to all for the laugh. I couldn’t stop laughing while reading the comments. Who knew the fun you could have with poo? Well now I doo doo?

12. don danenberg

I have a couple of these in my basement; One from a 1935, 26ft
    Lyman Commuter,
    And one from a 1938, 35ft CC Double Stateroom Cruiser.

I KNOW what it would cost to rebuild these, having done so for WC (Wilcox-Crittenden) or (Water-Closet)? units for 40 to 120-ft sailing yachts?.

These little, insignificant, boats do not get to out-range all, no matter your personal statement?!

These I have in heated storage DO cost more than that.., Because they MUST come with the boats they arrived here with!

13. Art

Well from urinals to crappers, it’s all going down hill here at woody floater……………maybe JK is on to something!!

PS Molly-O does have a crapper too.