I know, this may seem like a crazy thought. But if you follow my logic here, you may see the pure genus in it. Or maybe it’s 4 AM when I am writing this, and I am in the throws of the tale end of the real Pandemic. “Winteritus”. And if you are offended by my brilliance, sorry..ish. I have put together a list. Prepare to be impressed.
1. First thing, and I know this is the real crazy part. When we get to Lake Dora, we should all sneeze and cough on each other, rub our faces, and just wait.. Hold on.. hold on.. give me a chance here.. This is genus. It’s a fine line, between genus and crazy.
2. We will of course have a great time for the weekend, spreading whatever snot we have all over each other. Okay, that doesn’t sound so fun. Chicken on a stick stuff then. Or the grease from some Jalapeno Poppers coated in a wonderful golden breading from the Palm Gardens. ( BTW, I am down 10lbs and on track again)
3. There will be time to get home. So it’s okay.
4. Then wait.. You will maybe get sick. Maybe not.
5. Now this is when the real magic happens. We all start getting sick together. All over the country.
6. The media picks it up. And the reporters find the common thing is classic boaters. Spelled right. “Classic Boaters”
7. The Virus is renamed, the Classic Boater Virus, and the news shows all the boats, and so on. Us having fun out on our boats…In other words we get a TON of free press and awareness. Come on, look at the nursing home in Washington State. They are famous now.
8. Statistically we may loose a couple of us. But, we went out having fun, not hiding in a corner.
9. Now, and this is the brilliant part, the hard work, and snot part is over. The virus will go away. They all do. But the memory of the Classic Boat Virus won’t. And because our brains process things in really strange ways. The world will want a Classic Boat, toilet paper will be in stock at the stores, start drinking Corona Beer again and go to Chinese Restaurants.
10. All because we all decided to have some fun, and go “Classic Boating” in around 10 ish days ! Thats CLASSIC BOATS. Spelled right please.