In the original drawings for Sweet Pea she had a small dingy on the roof of the aft cabin. And I have been kinda always looking around for such a replacement. And with the latest On The Rocks performance, the idea of at least having something that will float is a good thing.
Not to mention, she needs a little lift. Okay, this could easily go into some strange places. Can we just focus on my dinghy. Okay, thats not sounding good either. Can we just for a second get out of the gutter.. Oh we will get back to it. Don’t worry.
I also don’t want to spend a small fortune on one since really its for looks. And with that in mind it needs to look cool. Its a bit of bling..
So. I have all sorts of questions.
- Is there a brand that is good? Seems like a ton of them out there, and the coolest ones are Clicker Built Dinghys. The cool ones seem to be from England
- I would prefur an older one. With some age. And yes a fiberglass hull. For Weight and I freedom.
- Trying to keep the budget under 1K
- I am willing to restore it.
- 8 ft max.
- Any advice on how to store it on board. Upside down? Or proud and covered. I can use my mast to lift if off. When I go to Monico and need to row to the casinos.
- Thats really it. I would love it if anyone here has one and would like to see it live on for a full life being used as bling and being a celebrity.