Salter says hi live ish from Reedville

The other day I got a note from LOOOOOOOONGtime fellow Woody Boaters Alex and Salter Watson. They were in Maryland on their boat and would be stopping in Reedville at some point. For those of you kinda new to Woody Boater, Alex Watson and his son Salter are from the Hessel area, and we have watched Salter grow up here, for 13 years.

Young Salter!

This was my very first ride on a 25 Sportsman with Alex and Salter. I was hooked. Now I have an opportunity to welcome them here.

Welcome to Reedville

WOW

I was sent a geo locator and could track them as they came down the bay. So as they started to appear near the mouth of the Great Wicomico, I decided to give them a 25 Sportsman Welcome. Alex owns two of them, as well as a Grand Prix, U22 named Lush Life, and others, ya!

Alex’s dock in Hessel

And now a Nordhaven Yacht that Salter and Alex have been escaping the Pandemic all Summer.

It’s Sweet Pea on Roids!

Salter at the helm

Into the fall sun. 65 degrees flat water

Brotherhood of the 25 Sportsman

Drive by

WECATCHEM

my crew kept an eye out for birds

They grow up way to fast Alex!

24 Responses to “A Visit From An Old And Young Friend! Alex and Salter Make A Special Visit.”
  1. Greg Lewandowski

Alex is always full of surprises. Another one was his trip by boat (in his 25 Sportsman) from Hessel to Port Huron for Boat the Blue. Couldn’t resist the old logo!

2. Terry

Well, Alex and Salter, if you’re heading down the ICW to south Florida, you will pass right by us in the “Meant To Be” in Daytona Beach. We’ll keep an eye out.

What a great trip….Salter, true to his name, is destined to be a lifetime boater thanks to his dad’s devotion. That is exactly how I started Going Boating….going today….so if the Trawler hops down to the Piankatank Stop bye!

4. floyd r turbo

So excited that Alex (and Salter) are doing what I dreamed of doing when I took early retirement Do it while you can. Their trawler looks like it could survive an ocean crossing. What a beast.

5. Mark in Ohio (sometimes da U P )

What a way to live! I have never met Alex. I have seen him Salter, and his boat a lot at Hessel for the boat show. I don’t blame him for escaping the U P this time of year. Enjoy it Alex. Matt I hope you, Alex, and Salter enjoyed some bacon while they were in the area.

6. Dick Dow

They are on one of my “Bucket List” adventures – the ICW – in a wonderful boat. My vessel may be a bit less comfortable – the Red&White…🙂 Great to hear from/about Alex – it’s been a while!

7. Chad

Not mentioned is the fact that Alex is also doubling as Salter’s home school teacher. Talk about the ultimate education.

Today Class Schedule:
    1) Fishing
    3) Lunch
    3) Diesel Engine Care
    4) Boat Maintenance
    5) Pairing IPAs with Seafood
    6) Celestial Navigation

Glad to see Alex and Salter back out on the Nord!

Younger Salter also gets top billing on the CCABC site.

9. MikeM

I will let Alex enjoy his day in the limelight and I won’t bring up the most heavily commented story in WB history……the Shootout.

I bet the Old Arabian would take down the Nord in a shootout as well.

Good luck out there, Alex and Salty!

• m-fine

Talk about voter fraud and corrupt vote counting! There’s no way the Arabian could win a fair election!

10. KW

Love the open flybridge so many boats now you can only drive behind glass and have to reley on air conditioning.

Matt if Alex got you hooked on the 25SP by taking you for a ride you might not want to step foot on the Nordhavn.

You may get hooked!

12. Alex

Thank you again for the warm welcome, Matt. It has been surprisingly rare to see classic mahogany boats during our 4,000 or so miles travelled thus far (other than in Hessel of course). Seeing you approach us in your 25 Sportsman made my heart leap. Such beautiful boats! We also really enjoyed the ride in Sweet Pea. It always amazes me how each classic boat I’m in offers a totally different experience. Between the 25SP, Sweet Pea, and Stinky, you’ve got something to wear for any occasion.

• m-fine

Alex, good to hear from you! If this COVID crap ever ends, I am planning to fly to Mackinac for a couple days this summer. If you are around, I might invite myself over for some Hessel pizza, so you may want to hide! 🙂

BTW, how can we have a Salter story without a link to his finger stuck in the steering wheel?

14. Bob Killeen

The Nordhaven is the perfect yacht for long
    range cruising, quality from bow to stern &
    designed right here in Dana Point Ca.
    Be Safe ⚓️👍🇺🇸