Since I got into classic Woody Boats, I have noticed a shift in my attitude to the passion. I am far more relaxed and enjoy the enjoyment of it all. One could say, I am more in tune with the attitude of the folks that owned them first. They were just boats. And making sure it had the right screw or zipper brand, was not all that important. And just enjoying the boat was the fun. I am there. Plus I have the joy of working on them as well. A perfect storm of joy. I did notice some of the changes that have over taken me. I thought..mmm, why not share, and have your observations to share for some of the youngsters that are with us now..
- You don’t give a crap how much water is in the bilge as long as the pumps work.
- A head gasket is a speed bump repair
- I don’t care that your dad had one back when anymore.
- If I want a dam lime green interior I am doing it.
- Fiberglass bottoms are underrated, and who cares what happens 25 years from now. I will be dead.
- Old Trailers and Old Outboards suck! And this has not changed. Yap all you want. You know I am right.
- We are a cheap ass hobby. Part of the fun is how little you can spend on stuff. Then try and sell it for a fortune and loose more!
- Driving to Montana for a cool boat is normal
- You can get into a knock down drag out battle over a knot in a piece of scrap wood.
- You no longer wave at people to say, hey look at me.. You now wave because if you don’t they think you are a tool.
There are more. But top 10 reasons is a great click bait story idea. Top 12 just sounds random, and top 4 sounds lame. So it’s 10.