Just don’t wind it anymore

Since I can remember as a child and then in the body of an adult, time has been always a strong force with me. I wanted it to speed up, and now it seems I want to slow it down. And as a profession, my real job is all about billable time. Deadlines and schedules. Time has been my master and I it’s slave. Only as I grow somewhat wiser..yes over time, have I realized how magical it is to live in a time free state. A state of finding the true quality of life, the things that stand the test… and just being in the present. Not looking back, or forward. Just NOW! Being in the timeless state of perfection.

Perfection is perfection!

Maybe that is my mission here. Time and invention, and experience have given us all the gift of selection and curating our lives. The wisdom to not waste ..time.. doing things that just take up time. Or pass the time of day. Find your timeless state, find things and people that you never notice the time spent. You will never grow old, tired or bored.. because you will be lost… in time.

My clock on WECATCHEM as you know is always at 10:30.. Yes it works. But I like 10:30 the best. Its a time of hope. The day has started and not even close to done. Lunch is just a bit away and its a half full day!

Todays header was shot yesterday morning. Even the inspection sticker is 1958 and matches the 1958 Plate on the back. There should be nothing in this shot that says it’s today, and could be any day from 1958 until now.

OH GOD, Lake Dora is a year away! Forget what I just spewed on about. Crank that clock!

AHHHH, CLOCK LUST! Jim Staibs amazing clock!

24 Responses to “Live A Timeless Life!”
  1. Steve in the woods

“You can spend all of your time making money; or all of your money making time”…

I agree on sooooo many levels.

Departing the confines of time is why we have fallen in love with the cruising lifestyle. I don’t want to rush the next few years by any means, but look forward to the day when the clock has even less power over me.

LOVE the header! I think I have found one small detail that somewhat dates it. Has anyone else?

3. Murdock

Someone far wiser than I told me a long time ago as a young man that your days may pass slowly, but the older you become, your years will pass quickly.
    Good heavens, how prophetic that statement was.
    Good thing the devil still has a restraining order on me…………….

4. Jeff @ Indian Lake

“Get busy living, or get busy dying”

Truer words were never spoken. As we move our clocks forward in time today, just remember that hope springs eternal

5. Kelly Wittenauer

Loving these photos of the vintage WoodyBoater mobile at the railway – perfect together.

Troy,
    Please share what it is you spotted. Try as I have, I can’t find it. And will bug me until revealed!

• Troy in ANE

Kelly:

Murdock hit the nail on the head. The pilings have the green hue of pressure treating. That would not have been available in the ’50’s.

• Troy in ANE

I was wondering about the flag, but did not think I could get enough detail.

Dang, we need to get a life!

6. Mike D

I spent a long career as a consultant and had to account for each minute of every working day until I finally retired. There were a couple months of angst until I finally was able to shake off that need to “work”. Retirement is a godsend, I don’t know what a watch is, I sleep like a baby, and few concerns left. Life is much better now and soon you can retire Matt, but don’t be surprised when it jumps up on you.

• First53Resorter

Was a public school teacher for 34 years and lived “by the bell” each day. Literally knew where I would be located at any minute of a given day and if I missed the mark, some smart a** kid would be there to say, “Where were ya, you’re late!” Took a couple of years for the memory of that schedule to fade after retiring. There are larger blessings, but the ability to forget is right up there.

7. Tim Robinson

Headlights don’t look original on the way cool truck don’t look period correct. (2 points off)

8. Clay at Cross Lake

“Too soon olt, too late shmart.” Keep your conscience clear and grab for the gusto while you can.

9. Mark in Ohio (sometimes da U P )

“Tiiiime is on my side, yes it is”. Isnt that what the Rolling Stones sang about in the 60s. Must work Mick Jagger is still alive and well.

• don vogt

heroin, Mark. If a guy that dissolute can make it, there is hope for us. (Still the king of rock and roll, however, as far as i am concerned.)

• Murdock

Mick is so skinny these days………….did he have his ribs removed?
      And Keith Richards……..my favorite Patron Saint of Substance Abuse. Only man I knew, true or false, that snorted his Dad’s ashes.
      Like Robin Williams said of the local drug dealers that Keith had on hand: “Nah, dude, I got NOTHIN’ that will top that!”

10. John F Rothert

In 1972 I ditched my short lived post college JOB and while driving over the James River bridge threw my very last watch over the side and never looked back. I have set my own schedule every day since to my great surprise and appreciation. Get up every morning set to go with my many projects and diversions. The watch throw, while unsound green practice, was the best hook shot of my lucky and energized life….so far….so hey, do what you have to do, make a buck or two (cognizant of the concept of ENOUGH) be a responsible citizen and then Go Boating…John in Va.

11. Nehmer Kid

I asked Chris Smith if this was real and he said this was a vendor gift that CC gave to vendors. time.