The patch of all patches – late 40’s  early 50’s

One of the great things about the classic boat community is how small it all is. As in, we kinda all know each other and chances are if you are bidding on ebay you are most likely bidding against some pals. And that ain’t good for nobody.. But the seller feller. So today, I am trying to hunt out the “other bidder”

Behind “the patch”

Now what is this that is causing bidding so early.
Well its a real cool patch for either a jacket or work shirt. And its just the right size. 8 inches…..Cough cough!

Are we done giggling yet? Okay, now the patch. I you speak up in the comment section, we can all agree who should win it, and save that poor slob some bucks? Orrrrrrrr, maybe this is a ploy to make you think that is gonna happen and then BAM Snipe man hits.. This is going to be ebay chicken.. Okay, not real chicken, but like chicken in the 50’s hot rod style chicken.

HERE YA GO, CLICK HERE ON EBAY. DON’T BID FOR GODS SAKE! – Unless you are one of  us, then I will back off. Or Not? bidding started at 19 bucks.

HAPPY HEADER DAY! Hit refresh and you will get a new old header

11 Responses to “Okay! Okay, Who Am I Bidding Against?”
  1. Bilge Rat

I say Snipe Man will blow this out of the water. I’m not bidding on it, but like many I have used this tactic in the past.

2. Mike K

Fret not matt
    The seller also has a zigzag man patch with zero bids if you miss this one

3. Andy in Middletown

As an occasional seller on the ‘ol bay, and studying buyer’s antics. I have noticed that some bid early in order to track a particular auction and receive a reminder to bid, rather than clicking ‘watch’. the reminder e-mails from ebay for your watch list often come later to the inbox than those reminding you to BID.

4. Matt

There is always the sellers friend who ghost bids to drive it up. But in this case not sure the seller knew what he has.. had.. This is going to be a tad insane…. I hope. Watch out for last minute snipers. HA. I am out..or am I?

“it ain’t me babe”….I have a shirt with a large and small really cool CC patch…would send a picture if I knew how.

6. Mark in Ohio (sometimes da U P)

I just checked the auction. A little to pricey for me. I have a nice Chris Craft shirt that I bought in Algonac.

7. ART

. An update on Molly-O’s little excursion into the weeds during the CC 100th celebration. She has been in Alan Mackie’s “spa” for about two weeks and is doing very well. She has part of her monkey rail repaired, a new chalk and bow light ready to be installed. The strut, skeg, rudder and drive drive shaft are back from the prop shop and are ready for reinstallation. Varnish and bottom paint are happening as we speak. The M.B.W. is doing a STELLER job.

8. Bill DeGlopper

Any members want this pair? The disc is what I got with my CC Riveria entry from the Toronto ACBS at Harbor Front show in 1986… a Shepherd Rendezvous, The Chris Craft embroidered patch is maybe 8″ across & the disc about 3″. $20 as I don’t want to put out on FeeBay.

9. Bill DeGlopper

Here is the photo of the disc & CC patch. It was a memorable show. One of the tv personalities from Canada let his girlfriend drive his woody from the dock Ran backwards int my Chris, puy it in forward & hit another woodie that was in the slip opposite me