Right at ya!

There is a spot on Sweet Pea that has always felt naked. And so yesterday, I tried a little sumthn sumthn. A flair, or as the Boatress refers to it, a Swoopty Doo. Now, it’s just paint. But it does add a certain style and sparkle. I will add, that 99.9% of the wood boats here are white with red bottoms. But this Sweet Pea isn’t a workboat, she is a home of sorts. I know, sounds a little deep, but Trawlers are like a cool looking houseboat. And yes, houseboats are in the same family as pontoon boats. But for gods sake at least the trawler looks like a boat. Even if she is now all fancy pants.

Back in 2017.

Before the swoopty doo

And after, different day and time. I will add, painting this on a moving boat is a test of your patience. I did not do this on the railway because I wasnt sure how it would all look.

Close up, Same Kirby Paints Green Grey.

Sweet Pea and Wecatchem both blinging joy as dock art

I did it all freehand on tracing paper and then transferred it over in areas so I could reference it so I could repeat it on the other side.

19 Responses to “Adding A Little Swoopy-Doo To Sweet Pea.”
  1. Greg Lewandowski

That is the perfect finishing touch to a great new look. Gives Sweet Pea a little Chis Craft Connie flair!
    Just saw the blood moon lunar eclipse here in Michigan, Pretty cool.

2. Frank@Falmouth

Thought we’d get some Sweet Pea under the Lunar Eclipse shots this morning. 🙂

3. John

Yah know, vines tend to grow like weeds. They could be all over your other boats and buildings in short order

Idle hands are the devils playthings

4. Paul in Minny

I really like the addition. It breaks up the white and adds beauty and another way to make it your own.

It looks sweet. Now carve one out (2 actually), gold leaf it and mount it. Elegant bling. The winter is long, it will give you something to do, and write about.

Looks Great…perfect touch…

I can only imagine how I would have messed that job up.

John in Va

7. Reddog

Looks really nice. It definitely adds a touch of flair. I’d offer to buy SWEET PEA. if I won the Powerball.

8. Rabbit

Sweet Pea has been completely transformed. A beautiful boat. And her distant lineage to a pontoon boat has been completely hidden.

9. Douglas H Mehring

Looks really fantastic, perfect classy finishing touch.
    Sweet Pea has been transformed into a piece of floating art.

10. Dick Dow

“Sweet Pea” looks fantastic! I like the swoopty doo, but to my eye, I would have reversed it. Your energy amazes me!

11. Ron in Seattle

Everything looks good! except in my eye, the bottom of the door needs to be the cabin color green, I think it would make it more cohesive, fool the eye to make the cabin look longer, and not broken up. I like the gold leaf idea, what about carving it in the plank?

Getting my big boat pulled next week for new bottom paint… 4 days on the hard and $4K

• Art

Rom I suggested that the bottom of the door to the cabin be painted green the other day but Matt didn’t comment. BWTHDIK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I’M JUST Art

12. River Rat

I like it. It has a botanical style that reminds me of the shadows made by the grass next to the boat when I end up in the high weeds.

13. Steve Anderson from Michigan

I really love the swoopy thing, but I agree with someone who posted earlier, it looks backwards. Swoopy in front, leaves to the back!