Good Lord, make room for it in your hoard. Tonight at 7PM east coast time, there is going to be an auction on Facebook Live. You all know how much I hate Facebook, Facebook to me is the evil in the universe and probably responsible for increased anxiety and divisiveness in our world today. But from time to time, magic does happen, and because it’s easy to use, and is like some sort of water to our dry wood.. METAPHOR! Then well, good can happen. OKAY, thats my disclaimer towards Facebook. NOW the two signs. HOLY GRAIL MOTHER OF ALL SIGNS.. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

WOW

And a huge standing ovation to the Real Deal 101 Facebook online auction. The stuff is 100% real. None of the fake crap and stupid  looking people holding up more fake crap.  Its simple and you basecly see the sign and bid in the comment section, OR like tonight, its live. As in you watch and bid. I have never done this before and have no clue as to how it works. But its better than watching reruns of Law & Order, so I will be there with my $50.00 ready to out bid anyone.. For the first two seconds of the auction.

Its got a moving light and looks like shimmering water! INSANE

Now about these signs. The globe one is a moving light that creates the effect of shimmering water. Dated 1952. This is hands down the coolest sign I have ever seen, and may be a great deal. Since it doesnt fit into the normal Sign universe thing.

And then there is this sign. The sign speaks for its self, and well. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

SO? How do you attend. First You gotta be on Facebook. and then find Real Deal 101. Or CLICK HERE and read how to be there. I wish I could embed this so you could watch here, but its facebook. SO?

It will cost you. But it’s art, and will always be that value. Unless Aliens invade and the world explodes, but then, who cares.

Not William Driving BTW

Here are some other Click Here Options. William Mogart is the guy behind the auction and the preview video is perfect. He knows his stuff. One of the good guys.

32 Responses to “Two Insanely Rare Signs At Auction Tonight 7PM, Only One Issue. AND A NEW PLOT TWIST. READ COMMENTS!”
  1. Berlin Büro

They made a conscious decision to not only use Facebook, but between other livestreaming sites, they picked easily the worst one. Enjoy the auction regardless, all the while Twitch/Youtube/Ebay watch from the shadows.

2. Matt

One could argue that the reason for this way of doing it, is to somewhat control the participants to approved people part of the RealDeal 101 crowd. And gathering them all at the same time to bid against each other in a pressurized setting is smart. HEy, try new things for sure. And after all if you want a 9 out of 10 quality sign you really dont care about the venue?

3. River Rat

Not collecting anymore. No room or wall space or large budget. More interested in an outflow of stuff.

4. Art

Sorry Matt, I’m with Greg on this one. I used to be on FB but my account was hacked. I contacted them twice but they never even responded. FFB!!!

5. Mike K

Woodyboater is my only social media

Someone please report back to let me know how much I couldn’t afford it

Thanks woodyboater

6. Greg on Indian Lake

My family “Wallace Aero Marine” is the original owner of the big sign. I hope to prevail tonight and bring it home to Indian Lake.

• Mark in Ohio ( today in Florida)

Good luck Greg, I hope you bring it home. Indian Lake, Russells Point is where it belongs. My Grand parents may have seen that sign , when they honeymooned at Indian Lake in 1924 I will not even bid. Give us WBs a report. Good story for 6001 Matt.

• Greg Wallace (on Indian Lake)

Thanks all for your kind support. I have no idea what the market value may be. I am realistic enough, however, to realize in may go for more than my sentiment and pocket book may support.
        Should the value exceed my willingness to spend I can only hope that one of our “community” become the new care taker. Either way I will share some history surrounding the sign with you all and certainly with the new owner if not yours truly.

7. William Morgart

Thank you!
    Thank you so much, very excited to bring these to market, in a world class lineup. I totally understand and respect the cynicism towards the platform, however I own and operate real deal 101 exclusively. The benefit is I’m able to maintain the integrity and quality of the platform that way. We are also able to offer a few things no onsite company does:
    100 percent money back guarantee on originality
    Zero reserves
    Zero buyers premium.
    If I can be of Any assistance with additional info please reach out, thanks again!

• Greg on Indian Lake

At the risk of encouraging competitive bidders to join up, I must comment that Mr. Morgart along with his technical guy, Jeremy have been extremely helpful , accommodating and patient with me in navigating the process. I have not been on facebook before and have no idea what I am doing.

• William Morgart

Thank you Greg! Happy to help in any way , I sincerely hope we bring that sign back to its home tonight!

8. Jim g

Matt. I was wondering when you were going to do this story.

Hope Greg gets it. I wondered if it was his family when I first saw it over a week ago.

9. Floydrturbo

Unfortunately, that’s going to interfere with “Wheel of Fortune” or my nap whichever comes first. Wheel heads know Pat Sajak and Vanna are game show royalty. Wait, is she still alive or are these just reruns? Maybe they could make one of the signs a prize. Good luck with sale. Speaking of prizes you could have a Contest to guess what the sign will sell for. Winner gets a free WoodyBoater coffee mug. I love giving away other people stuff.

10. Matt

OKAY!!!!! ALERT ALERT! PLOT TWIST ALERT!
    Jon had a great idea, and we are going to run with it here. We will do a special Bring it back home fund raiser to cover the balance of whatever Greg can pull off. So lets say if it goes for insane money, which it may? 5K and Greg is like. WTF? no way in hell. I will get matt to paint one on my wall. Then we will do the fund raiser to cover the extra 2K needed. Our community is like this. We ALL want stuff to find its ancestral home?

11. Murdock

Where do we send funds Matt?
    I’m the poster child for bringing things back to their ancestral homes, so happy to help out!

12. Jon

If I were Greg, I’d want that sign back in a big way!! I’m happy to help a fellow woodyboater achieve this goal, potentially against the financial odds, and am ready to make a contribution, if needed!!

• Greg Wallace (on Indian Lake)

You all are great and I’m truly grateful for your proposed generosity.
      I cannot, however, in good conscience let you subsidize this quest.
      If it is meant to be I will prevail. Otherwise I remain truly moved by your support. Don’t worry, the story comes either way. Thanks!

13. Kelly Wittenauer

This turned into a really cool story. An awesome story if Greg wins. Rooting for you, Greg!

14. Matt

So close.. About 10 more items. Prices are INSANE! 20K for some signs.. Actually most signs.