Welcome to Woody Boater, a special place to celebrate boats that give back to your soul.
Woody Boater is a state of mind, a place to enjoy woody boating when you are not out on your boat, or if you just want to enjoy the world that surrounds these fun classic water craft. Being a part of Woody Boater is a way for folks to keep up with the community and all that is going on. Finding and saving lost boats, lost stories on lost waterways is our passion. The art, boat shows, destinations, people, and your conversation are the fuel that drives us. There are on any given day about 10 of us roaming around our parts of the world looking for your stories and boats. In fact just by reading this, you are now officially deputized and are now a Woody Boater. Please send us your lost story,… Don’t worry about spelling by the way. There is even an official Woody Boater Dictionary you can read it below this story.
If you want a more intimate conversation:
First, you can contact us best by email. 24/7
We also go to most Antique & Classic Boat Shows. We are the ones in the sexy skipper hats.
Our mailing address if you want to send very large checks..
Woody Boater HQ
106 West Jefferson St.
Falls Church VA, 22046
We also have satellite offices and reporters through out North America and the world. We are a 24/7 – 365 around the globe organization.
Hessel Michigan – Reporter/Photographer
Kentucky – Reporter, Kentucky Wonder
Lake George -Reporter/Photographer
San Fransisco – Technology/Production
Lake Hopatcong New Jersey – Reporter/ Photographer
Chicago – Reporter/ Photographer
Oklahoma – Photography & Video
Lake Tahoe California – Reporter/ Spy Cam
Around the world
Woody Boater Canada – Calgary Canada – Reporter
Southern Ontario – Reporter/Photographer, Cobourg Kid
Woody Boater Berlin Bureau – Berlin Germany / Europe
Woody Down Under Boater -New Zealand – Reporter
You can also share the joy with us on Facebook… Come on.. the rest of the world is there..
We are on Twitter. Here is the link.
Advertising on Woody Boater?
Being a sponsor of Woody Boater is not as simple as an economic exchange. We make sure that all the sponsors are reputable companies that do business in an ethical way. Since this is a free website to use, ethics and standards are all we have. Our sponsors are all clients of ours as well business we use and trust.
Your company MUST be in good standing in the community. If you see a sponsor here, they are a good company to do business with. We passionately support our sponsors and ask that our readers do the same. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please email me for costs. Matt@WoodyBoater.com Below are our latest stats as of March 2014 according to our Server and Google. The server reads ALL traffic and Google weeds out stuff.. The rule of thumb is to reduce the server and increase Google.. You can do the math, it makes my head hurt..
44,178 unique visitors a month
130,123 visits a month
1,064,005 page views a month
Google Analytics – Per Month
28,000 unique visitors a month
55,000 visits a month
150,000 page views a month
16,800 likes making us #1 in the niche of classic boats.
Who is reading Woody Boater? 75% men, 25% women – age range 30-70 Income $100K + a year. We are the number 1 place to reach the younger market in the classic boat hobby in the world.
Each year has seen a 25% growth
What makes Woody Boater your best marketing value? We are daily, frequency is key to your marketing strategy, we link to your business and the community supports your business. Your support funds us to be able to do this. Like PBS we are 100% supported by you our sponsors to create an open independent source of information for the culture of classic boating. Thanks, email us for specifics on your business or club and how we can support each other.
There are ways to write this like a fancy pants lawyer I am sure.. But I ain’t one.. So… Here it is in our own un fancy pants way…
We HATE SPAM emails.. I don’t like them when I get them and I hate the idea of being a part of that crap world. So if you send me an email.. IT stays with me. If you have to use your email address to sign in to yell at someone.. The email and your identity stays here. You want to post anonymously.. Have at it. I encourage it, it helps the hobby be more balanced.. Woody Boater is the only place in the hobby where you can speak your mind about any issue related to classic boats. So.. we will not use any information that we get for any purpose. Period. If I could disable that I would.
What we will reject your comment over. Personal attacks. If it smacks of being personal , or offensive.. If the images you are uploaded could been seen as offensive, or copyright protected.
About Copyright! ®
Woody Boater ® is a Registered Trademark. And belongs to Woody Boater LLC. yes, stop laughing.. It is. As are all products we create and images we shoot. If you see it here, it’s been shot by us, or others that have granted permission to us exclusively. Downloading an image or use of our name for commercial use other than your personal use is strictly forbidden. Unless we have agreed to that. Sorry to be so harsh, but our images are now being used for other things than what we intended them for like Porn sites and blueprints of boats on eBay and other places. That is forbidden. Period.
How you can help keep Woody Boater subscription free. It’s simple. part of our funding comes from our sponsors, and also from you. Each reader that gets something from Woody Boater. All you have to do is click this button and donate. the money goes for trips and keeping the lights on. Thanks for your generous support.
Dictionary For yous that think we do bad spelling..
We get complaints daily regarding spelling and the destruction of the English language.. We don’t disagree, but we don’t speak, English here.. It’s our own language.. So, Woody Boater felt it necessary to publish a new dictionary of Woody Boaterese. The official language of WoodyBoaterville. A small community located on a bluff over looking Lake Cyberspace. You thought it was all typos didn’t you.. OH no.. We are proud of our heritage and 6th grade c average in English. So here is a short run down of the top 20 terms you will see on Woody Boater on a regular basis.
1. There, and thier mean the same thing. also their..
2. i before e is for 7th graders. they get mixed up all the time here. Dont take it personaly.
3. Ok means OK. To and Too.. and of and off all mean the same thing. Ok!
4. the generous use of …… is because I am thinking….. see…. adds to it..
5. Big words get googled, so it’s what ever google says the word is.
6. off, of also are the same word and mean the same thing
7. The Woody Boatress is the queen of the realm.
8. The Woody Boater Boulder Bureau is our Boulder CO. location where..were.. the heir to the throne lives and drains the coffers on Women and beer.
9. Where, wear, were, all mean the same thing . You have to put it in context.
10. Varnish is better than crack or meth in Woodyboaterville.
11. Crocs are better than deck shoes and are very sexy on old babes. But you will die wearing, whereing them.
12. Ink-clot babes are a term referencing old BW shots of 90 year old babes from catalogs.
13. Lickable babes refers to decals of babes from the 50′s
14. Your , youre and you’re all mean the same thing
15. Woohoo, is a term i have used for years. Made more popular by Homer Simpson. But not just his.. It can be read as excitement or sarcastically.
16. Proof reading is for english teachers. If I wrote it, thats good enough for me. that’s?
17 the use of punctuation is purely arbitrary.. and I had to look up arbitrary..
18. When I say I want to go out in the barn and make sweet love to my boat.. I actually mean it.. You would.. wood… be amazed what you can do with that grease that you are supposed to put on your water pump.
19. Middle aged women are smok’n hot in Woody Boaterville. Middle aged men are still 20 and have 30 inch waist lines, and our farts don’t smell
20. Every boat I see, I want. It’s that simple. If I could have a barn full of boats i would… Wait, I do.. Like that show, Boat Horders.. No I need that old pile of worm infested hull boards.. Someday they might be usefull.. …
Thanks for looking this over. Matt, Texx, and the Woody Boater crew.