https://www.woodyboater.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Daboat.jpg 279 400 Matt http://www.woodyboater.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Woodyboater-Logo-White.svg Matt2010-09-14 06:50:002011-12-21 10:12:55Fantasy Bidding On The Warner Collection.
Fantasy Bidding On The Warner Collection.
|Lot V44 1929 Dodge Watercar Runabout – Snoop This is possibly one of the most original condition Dodge Watercars..|
Not 5 minutes after posting the new collection of boats on the Mecum auction site, we started getting emails about our favorite boats of the Warner auction.. Thanks to fellow Woody Boater Chad for suggesting a fantasy bid of your top 5 boats. Don’t need a price, just your favorites…So here goes.. Comment away. Should be interesting to see what your favorite boats are, and then match that up when the auction happens.. So Lets start.. Faaaantasy Bidding!
For me its
1. The Harley boat
2. The Dingle
3. The White on White Higgins
4. The Palamino
5. Miss Detroit, Just to piss of the neighbors
It has to be Sugar Lady. I have admired that boat for the last 20 years!
1) The Ancarrow – For it's rarity and over-the-top styling
2) The 1961 Shepherd Commuter – Because it's always been a fantasy of mine to screw twins in a twin screw
3) The Dingle – It’s fun to say “Dingle”
4) 1949 Hackercraft 36' Triple – Because she’s big and needs to be reunited with her original Kermath
5) 1958 Chris-Craft Continental – For it's originality
1. 1936 CC 28' Model 557
2. 1929 CC 28' 11 Sedan Limo
3. 1932 CC 27' 309
4. Miss Detroit, I also want to piss off the neighbors
The '47 Gar Wood project boat would be interesting.
"Going once… Going twice… Sold to Al Benton for Twenty Five Thousand Dollars…" But sir!!! I thought that was 25 DOLLARS… Oh Crap!!!
It's fun to carefully look through the list of boats, one by one, and imagine what you would bid on if you actually had the dough. My Fantasy Five picks are,
1. 1929 Sea Lyon 30' Triple (Because it's so rare and "Mountain Lyon" at Tahoe was awesome)
2. 1929 Chris-Craft 28' Limousine "Tuxedo Taxi" with the 825 cubic inch A-70 (Mike Green has me hooked on these boats)
3. 1932 Chris-Craft 27' 309 Custom Triple
"Sugar Lady" (Her history and charm)
4. 1938 Chris-Craft 28' Special Sportsman Prototype – Black Hull (You could live on it if you got kicked out of the house after bringing it home from the auction)
5. 1962 Staudacher 32' Hydroplane with the 1500 HP Allison V-12 (I could help Matt & Rick piss off their neighbors, Ha)
My Reality Pick – Fergus Falls Duck Boat… As long as it doesn't have to be restored!